I agree completely about the LDS Church that claims to have prophets, seers, and revelators who seem to provide nothing by way of prophecy, seership, or revelation. Seems these guys actually think that the creator and master of the universe is preoccupied with silly things.
But, I wanted to take a tangent off of something Apologeticsislying wrote, so I'm posting here to not detract/hijack Apologeticsislying's thread.
I think this was all directed at the Mormon Church, so I'm not being critical here at all. In fact, I'm a non-theist who's pretty jaded toward most organized religion, theistic or not. But, I just want to acknowledge some of the strengths of religion. Some religions are great at some of these things:
- Providing fellowship and community (though challenging while practicing social distancing)
- Instilling a sense of purpose
- Teaching of faith that leads to service
- Assuring that redemption is possible
- Inspiring kindness, love, goodness