RMN’s Bucket List

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
2bizE

RMN’s Bucket List

Post by 2bizE » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Please help me complete RMN bucket list:
1) Become head prophet ✔️
2) Announce lots of revelations ✔️
3) Get people to stop saying mormon ✔️
4) Have at least one revelation revoke a previous revelation ✔️
5) Have at least 3 wives ✔️
6) Announce a proclamation to the world and remind people it has only been done a few times ✔️
7) Travel the world on someone else’s dime ✔️
8) Hoard 500 Billion dollars [still working on this one]
~2bizE

wtfluff

Re: RMN’s Bucket List

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm

• Wave white hankies around with a few other old folks in a mostly empty auditorium to rebuke a deadly pandemic.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:43 pm

Wait.. he has 3 wives?

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:43 pm
Wait.. he has 3 wives?
Wendy & Sherri Dew are a package deal.

Add to the list:

Announce new temple in China. ✔️
Beat Uchtdorf at racket ball ✔️
See Jesus (still working on)
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm
  • Wave white hankies around with a few other old folks in a mostly empty auditorium to rebuke a deadly pandemic.
And call for a second world fast and prayer because God didn't see or hear the first one. Hey even his vision is difficult from the Andromeda Galaxy, we probably ought to give poor ole Elohim a little leeway on this one. I mean, what's a few hundred thousand deaths? God has made sure he kills everyone with his "Plan" of Salvation... even his own kid.
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Apologeticsislying wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 pm
wtfluff wrote:
And call for a second world fast and prayer because God didn't see or hear the first one. Hey even his vision is difficult from the Andromeda Galaxy, we probably ought to give poor ole Elohim a little leeway on this one. I mean, what's a few hundred thousand deaths? God has made sure he kills everyone with his "Plan" of Salvation... even his own kid.
Yes, I wanted to include the fasting in my bullet point, but figured I'd just point out one failed attempt at rebuking the pandemic.

The re-fast is a bit sad though. The first hunger-strike didn't work, so "try try again?"
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

• Perform a hip-hop version of the Book of Mormon
(probably not on his list but it should be)
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

hmb

Post by hmb » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 am

wtfluff wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 pm
Apologeticsislying wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Yes, I wanted to include the fasting in my bullet point, but figured I'd just point out one failed attempt at rebuking the pandemic.

The re-fast is a bit sad though. The first hunger-strike didn't work, so "try try again?"
It worked. Fast = fast offerings. Do it again = more fast offerings. Fasting doesn't work without giving that $ from uneaten food to the church. Probably will have a few more fasts. So yeah, it did work.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 am

hmb wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 am
It worked. Fast = fast offerings. Do it again = more fast offerings. Fasting doesn't work without giving that $ from uneaten food to the church. Probably will have a few more fasts. So yeah, it did work.
Well, they've had a big downturn in the market lately. And that has to be made up for. Guess who's going to have to do it....... :|
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:37 am

Don't forget that this will be the THIRD fast for the Coronovirus. They did one just for Italy on 3/11-3/12.
https://notizie.chiesadigesucristo.org/ ... breakfast)

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:45 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm
  • Perform a hip-hop version of the Book of Mormon
Help fund the Alex Boyé's Joseph Smith stage extravaganza, The Truest Show on Earth, Honest.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha