PSA: Bart Ehrman is giving a free 2-month trial to his blog due to COVID

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
jfro18

PSA: Bart Ehrman is giving a free 2-month trial to his blog due to COVID

Post by jfro18 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:38 am

We had a thread a while back about Bart Ehrman and his biblical studies and books about the New Testament.

He is currently offering a free two month trial to his blog @ https://ehrmanblog.org/ for anyone who might be interested.

I've found his stuff just fascinating, and I would love to have a panel discussion with him doing the NT and David Bokovoy doing the OT.

Anyway - it's not Mormonism, but his blog just has so much material about the Bible and obviously that ties in a lot to how Joseph Smith incorrectly used the Bible when creating the Book of Mormon and other teachings.

I haven't been able to do much lately as I've been taking on additional work projects due to COVID putting a stranglehold on my day job, but I've spent more time on biblical scholarship lately and it's just as much a rabbit hole as Mormonism. Bart Ehrman's blog is great because he posts a lot, replies to questions, and 100% of the money he makes on it goes to charity. That's as close to a win-win as you'll ever get.

Hagoth

Re: PSA: Bart Ehrman is giving a free 2-month trial to his blog due to COVID

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:20 am

Thanks for the heads-up jfro. Ehrman's Heaven and Hell is the next book on my reading stack.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Re: PSA: Bart Ehrman is giving a free 2-month trial to his blog due to COVID

Post by deacon blues » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm

This looks pretty interesting! I'm no scholar, though I have an interest in religion and I love to read about it. I might sign up.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.