My New Video on Who We Are

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Apologeticsislying

My New Video on Who We Are

Post by Apologeticsislying » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Come and enjoy my new philosophy video based on Alan Watts idea of who we are. I think it will be a well spent 21 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cSF-XYY27c
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

moksha

Re: My New Video on Who We Are

Post by moksha » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:17 am

Ah, go with the flow of the universe or drink deeply from the Brook Madrigot* of higher energy potential. Good stuff, Kerry!

* Urth of the New Sun, Gene Wolfe
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 am

Thanks Kerry! I really enjoyed it. There's a lot of wisdom in there.

I really enjoy Watts' observations. The reminder that we are grow out of the universe like leaves from a tree and that the universe "peoples" as the ocean "waves" has really stuck with me. I also really like his concerns about religion narrowing our potential and detaching us from our relationship with reality, rather than explaining it.

BTW, what is the piece of music you use at the beginning?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks guys! The music is one of those free ones I am allowed to use with no copyright violations.
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-