Mask wearing at Temple recommend question

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
2bizE

Mask wearing at Temple recommend question

Post by 2bizE » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 pm

There is a TR question that asks if you sympathize with any groups that teach things contrary to the church...would those who don’t wear masks count in this group?
I could argue that they should be in this group.
Thoughts?
~2bizE

Red Ryder

Re: Mask wearing at Temple recommend question

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:16 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 pm
There is a TR question that asks if you sympathize with any groups that teach things contrary to the church...would those who don’t wear masks count in this group?
I could argue that they should be in this group.
Thoughts?
Just add a daily wearable mask made by beehive clothing to the temple endowment ceremony via a quick Nelson temple policy adjustment.

Then include it in the TR underwear question!

Mask compliance in Utah will go up!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Ha! Adding something to help alleviate virus spread to the temple recommend question would mean that Rusty and the other 14 stooges would actually have to "take a stand" on something during these pandemic times; Besides whining that they weren't able to spread as much guilt and shame via Zoom as they were in real physical in-person meetings.

I wonder if they'll call for another mini hunger-strike with the new, MASSIVE surge in infections?

Maybe one of the Q15 stooges will have to die of COVID-19 before they'll actually do anything that might help.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:16 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:21 pm
Ha! Adding something to help alleviate virus spread to the temple recommend question would mean that Rusty and the other 14 stooges would actually have to "take a stand" on something during these pandemic times; Besides whining that they weren't able to spread as much guilt and shame via Zoom as they were in real physical in-person meetings.

I wonder if they'll call for another mini hunger-strike with the new, MASSIVE surge in infections?

Maybe one of the Q15 stooges will have to die of COVID-19 before they'll actually do anything that might help.
It really is mind-boggling how badly they handled the whole thing, from everything related to missionaries, to no foresight, to mixed messages on following the law/"religious freedom". How have they NOT bungled it?

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:10 am

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:21 pm

If someone "faithful" were to die, it would just be to test the rest of us. It wouldn't point to any lack of action or wrong doing :roll:. Sigh.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:38 am

Would members in areas such as central and southern Utah wear masks even if requested? Might they keep the mask concealed along with firearms under their aprons?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:36 am

Should you be compelled to wear your mask even when doing yard work?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Maybe sew the temple garment marks into the mask. That could convince the skeptics that having double temple protection would help.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:36 am
Should you be compelled to wear your mask even when doing yard work?
This is good. A similarity to garment-wearing confusion...
~2bizE