Finally, a prophetic message that will fix everything!

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Finally, a prophetic message that will fix everything!

Post by Hagoth » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 pm

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... nt-nelson
Any prophetic NOM predictions about what will be prophetically revealed?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Palerider

Re: Finally, a prophetic message that will fix everything!

Post by Palerider » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:30 pm

I'm not sure I would listen to this video if not for the extensive listing of all of Mr. Nelson's recommending and professional credentials..... :roll:

I mean what if they had said he was just a plain and simple plowboy trying to support his indigent family who never did a bad thing in his life and had a heart of gold?
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 pm
Any prophetic NOM predictions about what will be prophetically revealed?
Stay on the "Covenant Path" and all will turn out OK. ESPECIALLY: Pay your TITHING! (Maybe not the tithing part, but if he doesn't mention his pet marketing term, well, I dunno, maybe you NOMies can make up a punishment for my lack of prophetic abilities.)

In other words: Absolutely nothing new, and absolutely nothing that can or will actually help out with the pandemic.

And: Maybe another useless mini hunger strike? (Fast.)

Maybe he'll dole out some tips on the best ways to pretend how to vacuum your home also.
Last edited by wtfluff on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:00 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm
And: Maybe another useless mini hunker strike? (Fast.)
If they do enough of them they will eventually get one close enough to the turning point that they can forget all the rest and take credit for turning the tide. I predict that there will be another day of fasting just before the vaccine becomes commonly available to everyone. And then, tada! a miracle.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:00 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm
And: Maybe another useless mini hunker strike? (Fast.)
If they do enough of them they will eventually get one close enough to the turning point that they can forget all the rest and take credit for turning the tide. I predict that there will be another day of fasting just before the vaccine becomes commonly available to everyone. And then, tada! a miracle.
Wait... What's a hunker strike? Refusing to sit on my couch and wait out COVID-19? "Thou shalt not hunker down!!!"

(Original post edited to fix funny spelling error as you can see...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I expect nothing new but a bunch of "Jesus loves you and cares for you even though a pandemic is killing over 1,000 Americans a day even after we did two worldwide fasts."

I'm cynical, of course, but I just think this is the result of the people at the COB realizing that more members are not going back, paying tithing, etc... and they're trying to find ways to be relevant in a situation that they clearly have no control or foresight on.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm

I was just reminded that an "insider" posted about a new church video coming out - 3 days ago on one of those other "apostate" sites.

That "insider" claimed that Rusty is finally gonna promote/endorse face coverings.

Now, we'll wait to see if the "insider" has prophetic powers.

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Why does it take a week to give the world a message of hope and healing? I can just imagine Moses, talking to the children of Israel as they suffer in Egypt saying, "I'll have some inspiring stuff to tell you next week. Tune in!" They just need a week to get the HeartSell technology integrated.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:42 am

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm
That "insider" claimed that Rusty is finally gonna promote/endorse face coverings.
It would be very disappointing if he didn't. And while he's at it maybe he'll include an inspired amendment to the Word of Wisdom that finally tells people that boiled water, including hot drinks, is the greatest development in medical history. I hope he will also say something to help members understand that being LDS does not require you to believe alt-Right rumors and conspiracies, or to vote for someone purely because of party affiliation.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:23 pm

Gee, instead of a mere message, how about just doing a world wide healing using the priesthood already? Just why is there such a hold up? Of what possible moral justification is there? They've bragged for over a century that they have the powuh.
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:49 pm

My predictions:
1) will market the new PS5 to youth to draw Mormons away from the Xbox. (Has just bought $5 billion in Sony stocks)
2) don’t listen to the new liberal President Biden.
3) buy goats from the goat vending machines to help out the world.
4) we are hip because our leaders are now on Instagram.
5) let me show you all the wonderful things me and Wendi have done since being your prophet.
~2bizE

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:20 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm
Promoting face coverings is on the leaderboard of "most disappointing things a prophet could say." This is not out of mask skepticism. It's out of rolling my eyes about how this would have been a lot more impactful 8 months ago. Having this be a message matching Joe Biden from last March would just make the prophet look annoyingly out of touch.

I don't think that the institutional LDS church has the bold spirit that would allow for a universally bold message any longer. Steve Bannon has more worldwide influence than Russell Nelson and Bannon was fired by the Trump administration three years ago.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Does anyone remember the last time they hyped a message from Nelson?

It ended up being a whole lot of nothing, yet in the days leading up a lot of people thought it was going to be some real revelatory work.

This is nothing but heartsell style marketing in a situation where they are being exposed for having no ability to prophecy or stay relevant, and they need to keep members from walking away and never looking back.

Five

Post by Five » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:46 am

This is it. He's gonna surprise us all. 2020 truly is the "end" of the world.

"The brethren and I have long thought it over what the right course of action should be for the church and its members moving forward. I say think because none of us, from the time of Brigham have had any direct contact with the All-mighty..."

Anything less than that or anything that isn't a declarative statement that hasn't already been said by other prophets and apostles(such as pay tithing, read your scriptures, attend the temple, etc. Get a new, fresh declarative statement) then I agree, it will be a whole lot of nothing and not worth the hype.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:30 pm

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Reuben wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:30 pm
"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
Absolutely Brilliant!!!

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:23 am

Instead of directly mentioning tithing, they'll just wrap it in needing to keep a current temple recommend and they'll do some big push to get more temple recommend holders. It'll be a test from the Lord during the pandemic..... J.C.'s watching!!!

Love the Ovaltine line, Reuben. :lol:
Attachments
Ovaltine1.jpg
Ovaltine1.jpg (186.85 KiB) Viewed 5365 times

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 am

It’s just another silly media event, right?

I thought so at first but I have a friend in the trucking business. Apparently there are a ton of new truck leasing contracts that were recently signed by a company called Transport Reserve, Inc (TRI) based out of Florida. He made a few calls and found someone who has seen the USDOT transportation manifests showing a caravan of trucks will be leaving Florida, driving through Houston and up to Salt Lake City before ending their route in Missouri.

Now I’m a bit skeptical so I pressed for details. Two days later he comes back and says TRI was registered by a Holding company called 2B Rail out of Panama which looks like another transportation type company with holdings in South America. Does anyone know if the church owns transportation companies in South America?

What do you think the church is up to?

TRI 2B Rail Event
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

græy

Post by græy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 am
It’s just another silly media event, right?

I thought so at first but I have a friend in the trucking business. Apparently there are a ton of new truck leasing contracts that were recently signed by a company called Transport Reserve, Inc (TRI) based out of Florida. He made a few calls and found someone who has seen the USDOT transportation manifests showing a caravan of trucks will be leaving Florida, driving through Houston and up to Salt Lake City before ending their route in Missouri.

Now I’m a bit skeptical so I pressed for details. Two days later he comes back and says TRI was registered by a Holding company called 2B Rail out of Panama which looks like another transportation type company with holdings in South America. Does anyone know if the church owns transportation companies in South America?

TRI 2B Rail Event
:lol: :D The scene. The build up. The development. And BAM! The punchline!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:05 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Red Ryder wrote:
TRI 2B Rail Event
If it wasn't a joke I'd suggest they were hording a toilet paper stockpile that will last from the opening of the first seal to the dedication of the Independence temple.

This is the newest redefining of the literal gathering of Israel. "Israel" in this case being a euphemism for "scrolls," based on Ezekiel's prophecy of the sticks of Judah and Joseph.