RFM Does President Nelson!

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
consiglieri

RFM Does President Nelson!

Post by consiglieri » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Just had a delightful discussion this morning with Bill Reel, together with Allan and Kattie Mount on the subject of global faith leader Russell M. Nelson's recent Message of Hope and Healing.

https://radiofreemormon.org/2020/11/rad ... ivethanks/

I hope you like it!

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#givethanks

jfro18

Re: RFM Does President Nelson!

Post by jfro18 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Can't wait to check this one out... of course I don't know when I'll have time away from everyone to listen, but I'll have to carve some time out when I can!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:49 pm

This is me giving thanks. Thanks, Consiglieri!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:22 pm

RFM and crew saving lives today!

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:16 am

I'm glad someone else picked up on the odd clarification that RMN met Wendy AFTER his first wife passed away. I know exmo reddit especially goes on about him being a polygamist (which in the eternal sense he is) and the "interesting" relationship Wendy has with Sheri Dew. Perhaps he wanted to make it clear that this was a regular second marriage of a widower and not some kind of secret upper level polygamy thing to quell any salacious rumors without calling too much attention to the fact that there are those who think that.

Great episode!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 am

Didn't he once brag from the pulpit that he is a polygamist? Or was that Oaks?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:12 pm

This is a good case of something that has been bugging me. They addressed it in the podcast.

RMN and his posse get to claim all that divine communication and the members swoon. Sure it is at times good advice like my grandfather may have given, but nothing to fix the problem. No real solutions. Nothing to chart a course out of it. Just be happy.

Makes sense he is now the world wide spiritual leader. A prophet would have to produce. A spiritual leader gets to just give advice.
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:07 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 am
Didn't he once brag from the pulpit that he is a polygamist? Or was that Oaks?
Define Oaks at a BYU devotional.