Jews in Space

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
RubinHighlander

Jews in Space

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:46 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-israe ... ccounter=1

Monolith madness got the world stirred up again about UFOs and such, this time from the former Israeli space chief? WTF is that position really about?

Mel Brooks anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

If we were to discover there's extraterrestrials will it cause devout TBMs of TSCC to question The Plan or hunker down and believe it more? I would think some of them would wake up, but who knows.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Just This Guy

Re: Jews in Space

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:56 am

I think proof of alien life would be just fine with Mormonism. The PoGP has the line in there about "Worlds without number have I created..." or something like that. So the idea that one of those other worlds would have intelligent life would not conflict with Mormon theology.

However, if we were to actually contact them and they have no idea bout Jesus or even Christianity, then there could be some problems because there is that BKP thing about Jesus being the savior for all the universe. A race that had never heard of or believed in Jesus could cause some headaches for people with the idea that Earth is the most wicked planet because only we are wicked enough that we would kill our own savior.

In the end, either way, Those who want to believe will find a way to make themselves believe. Nothing can change the minds of those who are not willing to change.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:54 am

They fled their planet Kolob when it was attacked by Zenu and carried away to Babylon 5. A few survivors escaped into the wilderness where God taught them how build a spaceship, touched some rocks to turn them into dilithium crystals, and gave them a faith-powered compass to lead them to the Promised Planet.

Trump will not disclose their existence until his has determined whether or not they have a ray that can flip the vote.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Yes they come from a flat earth type planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:09 pm

On the Jews in Space, as a sci-fi nerd, I always like the design of the Star Of David starships.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:59 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:56 am
I think proof of alien life would be just fine with Mormonism. The PoGP has the line in there about "Worlds without number have I created..." or something like that. So the idea that one of those other worlds would have intelligent life would not conflict with Mormon theology.

However, if we were to actually contact them and they have no idea bout Jesus or even Christianity, then there could be some problems because there is that BKP thing about Jesus being the savior for all the universe. A race that had never heard of or believed in Jesus could cause some headaches for people with the idea that Earth is the most wicked planet because only we are wicked enough that we would kill our own savior.

In the end, either way, Those who want to believe will find a way to make themselves believe. Nothing can change the minds of those who are not willing to change.
What if the aliens were red and scaly, had bifurcated tails and carried pitch forks? Awe snap!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:59 am
What if the aliens were red and scaly, had bifurcated tails and carried pitch forks? Awe snap!

Arthur C. Clarke wrote a book around that idea. Childhood's End