Any genetic evidence found of Lehi's migration to America?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

Re: Any genetic evidence found of Lehi's migration to America?

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 am

So what about General Zelph? Any speculation as to his genetic heritage or whether he was born at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Re: Any genetic evidence found of Lehi's migration to America?

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:05 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 am
So what about General Zelph? Any speculation as to his genetic heritage or whether he was born at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles?
I don't suppose anyone thought to keep Zelph's bones? It would be interesting to run DNA testing on it to see who it really was. But I doubt that the bones exist anymore. My suspicion is that if by some chance the bones were still in existence, they would be found to be of much more recent origin. Oh well...
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams