What about Neanderthals and Ancients?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

What about Neanderthals and Ancients?

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:26 am

Have you ever wondered about the Neanderthals and most non-European Homo Sapiens who existed before the 17th Century not getting into the Celestial Kingdom because records for LDS Temple ceremonies cannot be found? What happens to them? Will the women, who fall into this category, automatically be assigned as potential Celestial sister-wives, while the men will be assigned to a lower kingdom by God? Will a Neanderthal Sister-Wive be able to blend into the Celestial harem? Maybe her ability to skin a woolly mammoth will come in handy.

Are the answers to be found in that can labeled as "mystery meat of the gospel" where all loose items are neatly wrapped up in the thousand-year Spirit Paradise?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

jfro18

Re: What about Neanderthals and Ancients?

Post by jfro18 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:16 am

It'll all work out in the end.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 am

Moksha, like a fine wine, you improve with age. :lol:

What about the Stonehenge Builders? Egyptus and Pharaoh from the BOA? Has the work been done for Zelph and Onandagus? I'm guessing Lucy (Australopithecus) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(Australopithecus)
would be assigned to Hominid Heaven, where signs and tokens are simplified, but I'm not aware of any revelation on that point. :?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:15 pm

What happens to us, the Lunar Society of Friends? All Joseph Smith said about us is that we exist. There are no temples I know of on the Moon. Is anyone on Earth paying us mind? There are a few Mormons here on the Earth side, but none with authority to establish a temple.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:49 pm

They will be saved. Don’t you remember that Christ’s atonement was for everyone on this earth as well as all the inhabitants of the other planets. That’s what I was taught.
~2bizE

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:23 pm

2bizE wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:49 pm
They will be saved. Don’t you remember that Christ’s atonement was for everyone on this earth as well as all the inhabitants of the other planets? That’s what I was taught.
So what about their Temple work?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:58 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:23 pm
2bizE wrote:
They will be saved. Don’t you remember that Christ’s atonement was for everyone on this earth as well as all the inhabitants of the other planets? That’s what I was taught.
I think a fella named Mark Hoffman found a Moon Quaker genealogy. We can at least help the people listed in it to show Jesus we're serious.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:16 pm

moksha wrote:
2bizE wrote:
I once did a baptism for dead for all people who have ever lived....didn’t specify Homo sapiens so I guess they have already been saved by baptism
~2bizE

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:35 pm

Ah, so that’s what LSOF stands for. I thought it was Likable Servants of Oatmeal Fans.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:15 am

moksha wrote:
2bizE wrote:
As I recall, all individuals who haven't been endowed previously will either have their records made known or their persons will be revealed by revelation and their temple work will be done during the Millennium.

I believe it is written that the temples (many more than we have today) will be running full time, night and day until the work is finished.

The folks who have already been endowed will of course be the ones performing those ordinances. The big work is actually ahead of us rather than what Mormons are performing presently.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Palerider wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:15 am
The folks who have already been endowed will of course be the ones performing those ordinances. The big work is actually ahead of us rather than what Mormons are performing presently.
I obviously am skeptical of the need for vicarious temple ordinances, but it does lead to an amusing conclusion. Temple proxy ordinances will be what at least 99% of all humans experience to achieve salvation. Mormons are among the very few that experienced the ordinances as living, mortal souls. It could lead someone to rationally think, "The Mormons have a pretty good theology, but I'm not a big fan of their history, issues, or stance on coffee. I'll just live as a decent human being, donate my tithing to the poor, and buy a French Press so I can make my own coffee. Some bored deacon from Panguitch, Utah will eventually perform my baptism and endowment."

Universal proxy ordinances based on LDS universalism effectively removes any compelling arguments to join the LDS church in mortality.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:53 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Universal proxy ordinances based on LDS universalism effectively removes any compelling arguments to join the LDS church in mortality.
Yep.

The only advantage is that a faithful church members' halo will shine a little brighter and be lovingly admired by a few more wives. 8-)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 am

Everybody knows that Neanderthals and other archaic "humans" existed well before Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. Even Homo sapiens. We are Homo sapiens sapiens. Therefore the fossils that confuse christianity, including the ancients, dinosaurs, etc. come from a different planet. Since they existed on a different planet, baptisms for those dead must have been the other planets' problem. They haven't been resurrected yet. Duh. No shelf cracking is necessary.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 am

hmb wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 am
We are Homo sapiens sapiens.
What about a religious taxonomy, rather than purely morphological data, which allows for a Homo sapiens mormonien to be considered? That way we could have both the pre-adamites and Homo sapiens mormonien.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:00 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 am
hmb wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 am
We are Homo sapiens sapiens.
What about a religious taxonomy, rather than purely morphological data, which allows for a Homo sapiens mormonien to be considered? That way we could have both the pre-adamites and Homo sapiens mormonien.
Would this mean that the Homo s. mormonien are more valuable than pre-adamite Homo sapiens type? You know, the way that decedents of true pioneer stock are more valuable than mere converts? (bonus points for being related to a GA)

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:50 pm

So it turns out that temple work and genealogy are completely unnecessary. Everything gets fixed in the end. The only people who get the short end of the stick are LDS members who devoted their lives to doing unnecessary genealogy and temple work, and LDS members who will get punished and sent to a lesser kingdom because they didn't do enough genealogy and temple work.

Moral: stop missionary work now! You're only making more people accountable and therefore making them less eligible for getting everything fixed for them in the end.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."