Did Natasha Helfer-Parker get Exed?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
fetchface

Re: Did Natasha Helfer-Parker get Exed?

Post by fetchface » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:47 am

I think there may have been an effort to bring endowed women back under bishopric courts. I personally know of a local endowed woman who cheated on her husband and that was handled by a bishopric court. I heard the story directly from her so I trust its accuracy. This was a few years ago.

I just don't know what the current handbook states. It's all publicly available now, right? I'm too lazy to look it up.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:14 pm

32.9.3 wrote: Bishop (or Branch President in a Stake)

The bishop:
  • Has authority over ward membership councils.
  • Confers with the stake president and obtains his approval before holding a council.
  • May not hold a council if a man or woman who has received the temple endowment will likely have his or her Church membership withdrawn. A stake membership council must be held in those situations.
  • May be invited to attend a stake membership council for a ward member whose membership is being reviewed. His attendance must be approved by the stake president and the person.
A ward or branch membership council may recommend withdrawing a person’s Church membership if he or she has not been endowed. However, the stake president’s approval is required before the decision is final.

Sometimes a ward membership council is held for an endowed member and the proceedings reveal that the member will likely have his or her membership withdrawn. In these situations, the bishop refers the matter to the stake president.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat May 01, 2021 10:36 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha