New Thread -- Natasha got exed

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Rob4Hope

New Thread -- Natasha got exed

Post by Rob4Hope » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:23 am

RFM and Reel just announced (which is where I got it) that they did ex Netasha.

The pod-cast was interesting. She flew to Kansas, they wouldn't let her friend use the bathroom -- and her friend was an active faithful member, and after not letting Netasha speak for herself because she refused to surrender her phone (or something), they went ahead and held the court.

Thoughts?

Red Ryder

Re: New Thread -- Netasha got exed

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 am

Expected

To suggest she had a chance of retaining her membership is just silly.

I think her life, mental health, and professional career will only continue to improve from here forward.

Good luck Natasha. May you find peace after this turmoil.

The church is Institutionally dishonest and an abusive organization! They don’t deserve good people like Natasha in their ranks.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:09 am

Perhaps incidents like this will hasten the demise of the church !!

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:10 pm

According to the letter she received from her SP the basic reason she was exed was because she told others that the brethren were wrong in certain areas of doctrine and she didn't use nice language in doing so.

I think those boys at the top are extremely thin skinned and if you say anything contrary to their pet policies and say it's idiotic in the process, you get booted out of the club.

I have a horse that gets frustrated when my other horses decide to go to another part of the pasture without it being his idea. He fancies himself the lead horse and it cramps his ego when the others think too independently.

He pins his ears and shakes his head and gets an ugly expression. He looks hilarious trying to catch up and be the leader.

I guess insecurity runs in all species. ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Rob4Hope wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:23 am
Thoughts?
1st thought: Can we please spell Natasha correctly? My eyes keep telling my brain something is wrong, and let's face it, there is LOTS wrong with my fluffy brain and that e is adding even more fluff. (Rob, feel free to kick me wherever you'd like, and pummel me verbally at will for being the "Spelling Police ;) )

2nd thought: This is just more evidence that "leadership" has their heads stuck up their ... Ahem! ... I mean: "leadership" have their heads stuck in the sand. They have absolutely no clue what reality exists outside that thick, THICK MORmON bubble they live in.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:33 pm

Fleffy,

Perhaps her ancestors were among the
Netasha-ites and the spelling was inadvertently inserted by the wrong seer stone.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:37 pm

Palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:10 pm
I think those boys at the top are extremely thin skinned and if you say anything contrary to their pet policies and say it's idiotic in the process, you get booted out of the club.
Just the boys at the top?

The entire church is thin-skinned when it comes to the church. It's almost like they know something is wrong...
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Re: spelling

I'm familiar with the common spelling of Natasha, but figured maybe this was some Mormon family's idea of being different so they spelled it "Netasha".

It seems to happen a lot in Mormon communities.

Not sure whether it's an attempt to be different or just a problem of illiteracy in the community in general. ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

George Washington

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:53 pm

Reuben wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:37 pm
Palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:10 pm
Just the boys at the top?

The entire church is thin-skinned when it comes to the church. It's almost like they know something is wrong...
That's true.

It's like they're that person who's nose is bent 45 degrees to one side and says, "Are you saying there's something wrong with my nose???? There's absolutely nothing wrong with my nose! So just shut up!"

George Washington

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:06 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Rob4Hope wrote:
Thoughts?
1st thought: Can we please spell Natasha correctly? My eyes keep telling my brain something is wrong, and let's face it, there is LOTS wrong with my fluffy brain and that e is adding even more fluff. (Rob, feel free to kick me wherever you'd like, and pummel me verbally at will for being the "Spelling Police ;) )

LOL.

No worries my friend. This ain't the first time I misspellled somting

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:33 pm
Fleffy,

Perhaps her ancestors were among the
Netasha-ites and the spelling was inadvertently inserted by the wrong seer stone.
HA!

I see what you did there Rad Rider. Dear Zeus, what have I started? :lol:

(And more fluff seeps in through the ears.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:07 am

The farther I get from the dumpster fire that is Mormonism, the more ridiculous it looks. It takes a truly asinine organization to do something like this. It would be astonishing if it wasn't for the preceding two centuries of tomfoolery and and buffonery on the part of the Church - in that context, it is par for the course.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:22 am

The Stake President in Kansas, where she lived before moving to Utah in 2019, explaining the reasons for her removal from the Salt Lake City-based church.

“After carefully and prayerfully considering this matter,” the letter states, “it was the decision of the council to withdraw your church membership in response to conduct contrary to the law and order of the church. You have conspired with the enemy at Mormon Stories Podcast, and have been known to supply truth to underage minors. Therefore we cast you into the hellfires we call the Sciences, Arts, and Philosophies of Humankind without our Authorities to guide you and collect tithing.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/04 ... t-natasha/
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:26 am

I think they are concerned because she is helping people in ways that the church organization does not. If a Mormon wants to get counseling, they are expected to go through LDSSS or possibly go to a private counselor but keep it to themselves. However, Natasha was out there publicly offering help to members that was evidence-based and judgement-free. The Brethren cannot have that. People might start to realize that a lot of what gets said in church is damaging.

I worry about all the TBMs who see mental and spiritual health needs not met by the church and decide to do something about it. The leadership wants slothful servants in this regard. I suspect that the church will take action against them as soon as they are seen as a threat to the authority of the church.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Is there precedent for a person being excommunicated to file a slander lawsuit against the church or church leaders for lies spread about the person?
~2bizE

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 am

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Rob4Hope wrote:
Thoughts?

2nd thought: This is just more evidence that "leadership" has their heads stuck up their ... Ahem! ... I mean: "leadership" have their heads stuck in the sand. They have absolutely no clue what reality exists outside that thick, THICK MORmON bubble they live in.
My bad, Fluff. :? NAtasha is the way I'll spell it from now on. :D 8-)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.