New temple clothes

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
2bizE

New temple clothes

Post by 2bizE » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:38 pm

I thought I would start a thread on the new changes to temple clothes. Currently, nobody has seen them, but they are intended to be easier to care for…hoping they are jeans and a T-shirt now.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... s-globally
~2bizE

wtfluff

Re: New temple clothes

Post by wtfluff » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm

No more fake green silk? (I'm allergic to that krap. :lol: )

All that talk of "sacred(secret) ceremonial clothing." Well, since it's so sacred(secret) it should ONLY be used during sacred(secret) ceremonies. (Yes Redy Ryder; I'm saying Polygamy Pantaloons should ONLY be worn in the sacred(secret) temple ceremonies.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:00 pm

One of my nieces is going through next week to take out/receive (whatever they call it now) her endowment. She has no idea that the four generations of Mormons accompanying her for moral support have all had a different version. Great grandma went through in 1948. Grandma went through in 1970. Her mother went through in 1998. She’s going through in 2021.

One took a bath
One pretended to slit their throat.
One got naked and wore a poncho and dabbed
She’ll be in full clothes, shortened ceremony, etc.

It’s silly they keep making changes.

It’s time to remove the wacky temple ceremonies and silly underpants.

No wonder normal people don’t want to be Mormons.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:51 am

Maybe they are bringing out a new line of approved women's dresses to bring the design style all they way up to the style of the 1930's, from the previous 1900's style.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:14 am

Someone posted a picture on Reddit of the new clothes that you can buy from through LDS Tools (i think?) and it didn't seem to be substantially different to me although I haven't been through the temple in like 15 years so I'm not the best measure on changes. :)

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:24 am

I recently found my old temple cloths. Brought back a lot of bad memories. Now I am churning plans in my head for my own mockumentary or some kind of twisted Trent Harris style script.

What have y'all done with your old stuff, if you don't have to wear it anymore? I found my wife's old Gs in a bag and I use them over time to work on the cars, change the oil and such. I thought maybe I'd burn those cloths out in the desert, but I don't want that pollution in the air. Probably just head to the land fill when I'm done with them.

I'm guessing much of the material in those cloths is polyester dino goo, makes for a bad burn. Just one more irony that the oil in our lamps and plastic in everything else is from dinosaurs that get no credit in the Christian creationist world.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:29 am

So the changes they announced some time ago have finally pushed their way through production delays due to covid.

I'm assuming that this is in reference to the cap no longer having the plastic insert or the string to tie to the robe.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:23 pm

Perhaps the old style bakers hat is being replaced with the new, tall, gourmet chef bakers hat.
~2bizE

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:07 am

They are on the new video starting at 1:50

https://youtu.be/bMutZrefILc

The material is the same across the robes and sash, the women’s veil is now a hair band rather than the weird chin ribbon, the men’s cap no liner has the weird plastic insert.

Also, my mothers robes from the 60’s are silky.