Lamanites called to Enoch Space City?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Re: Lamanites called to Enoch Space City?

Post by Hagoth » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:21 am

Bonfire wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:34 pm
There is a very interesting alternative chronology of history that I glanced over which compares the historical recordings of the solstices instead of the ancient writings passed down from the nobles and monasteries of the "dark ages" in Europe. This mathematical reorganization of the past reveals new discoveries which counter the tale told by the traditional paradigm.
I'm aware of Fomenko's alternate history but I haven't spent any time with it. As I understand it, just like young earthers, to make his ideas work he has to refute carbon-14 and other forms of scientific dating. I don't see how cooking the history books affects the rate of radioactive carbon decay, the growth rate of tree rings, the layering of ice and lake sediments and stalactites, genetic dating, etc, all of which align to support each other. Also, I believe Fomenko claims Chinese history is wrong because the Western record keepers altered it in the retelling to refit their propaganda. Does he know that the Chinese had their own writing and dating systems?

What do the peer reviews say?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Phil Lurkerman

Re: Lamanites called to Enoch Space City?

Post by Phil Lurkerman » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:52 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:21 am
Bonfire wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:34 pm
There is a very interesting alternative chronology of history that I glanced over which compares the historical recordings of the solstices instead of the ancient writings passed down from the nobles and monasteries of the "dark ages" in Europe. This mathematical reorganization of the past reveals new discoveries which counter the tale told by the traditional paradigm.
I'm aware of Fomenko's alternate history but I haven't spent any time with it. As I understand it, just like young earthers, to make his ideas work he has to refute carbon-14 and other forms of scientific dating. I don't see how cooking the history books affects the rate of radioactive carbon decay, the growth rate of tree rings, the layering of ice and lake sediments and stalactites, genetic dating, etc, all of which align to support each other. Also, I believe Fomenko claims Chinese history is wrong because the Western record keepers altered it in the retelling to refit their propaganda. Does he know that the Chinese had their own writing and dating systems?

What do the peer reviews say?
Agreed. Fomenko's ideas fall quite simply in the "denial of reality" category. Pure fantasy.
I was once a cafeteria Mormon on a hunger strike. Have since found a buffet elsewhere.