Looks like the Jaredites arrived 20,000 years early

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Looks like the Jaredites arrived 20,000 years early

Post by Hagoth » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 pm

New discover of thousands of human footprints in New Mexico dated to 23,000 years ago. That pushes evidence of the peopling of the Americas back 10,000 years!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/23/scie ... e-age.html

No Nephite swords though.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

jfro18

Re: Looks like the Jaredites arrived 20,000 years early

Post by jfro18 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 pm

And here I'm told that every year the Book of Mormon is proven more correct by apologists.

Advocate

Post by Advocate » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:29 am

<TBM Logic> Those scientists are wrong. The earth is only 6000 years old. Those footprints come from matter that was gathered from the ether and used to make the earth 6000 years ago. Obviously those footprints were made by God's children on another planet, but apparently they weren't sufficiently righteous like us to receive the blessing of having their planet become a celestial body. Probably they doubted and did not listen to the prophets so the Lord destroyed their entire planet. </TBM Logic>

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:56 am

Heartlander logic. The footprints are real but they are evidence for the Book of Mormon. The scientists involved are intentionally misleading us and the dating methods are inaccurate. Unless we can use them to our advantage, in which case we LOVE science.

Not only were these people walking around on a lakeshore in New Mexico 20,000 years or so before the Jaredites, they were doing it 17,000 years before Adam and Eve were created in a garden just 1000 miles away. And their ancestors are still around and no less human than anyone else. My deepest sympathy to Heartlanders and young earthers trying to hammer these pieces into their messy, broken puzzle of confusion.

I think this is one of the coolest, most exciting archaeological discoveries of our lifetime. It raises such awesome new questions.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm

Hagoth, when did Adam and Eve arrive?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:39 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm
Hagoth, when did Adam and Eve arrive?
May 19, 1838