Church assets transferred to GA families

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
no1saint

Church assets transferred to GA families

Post by no1saint » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:57 am

A while ago, someone posted information regarding Church assets that has been transferred into their wives or childrens names. One example I can remember is the land on which the eagle gate or gateway apartments sits was in the name of Marjorie Hinckley. Does anyone have the details or links to this?

Nemo the Mormon is very interested.

A New Name

Re: Church assets transferred to GA families

Post by A New Name » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:38 am

Try asking this on reddit/r/mormon. You'll get a much larger audience.

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:07 am

A New Name wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:38 am
Try asking this on reddit/r/mormon. You'll get a much larger audience.
Great idea mate, I have just done that now.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:45 pm

I think it unlikely they would put the property mentioned in Marjorie Hinckley's name. At least not directly. Ownership of land is a matter of public record that can be easily looked up. If they have done something like this you can can expect the truth to be buried under a pile of shell entities to conceal actual ownership.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:51 pm

Our old friend Hermey is the expert on this stuff. I have reached out to him via email. Hopefully he'll have some interesting insights.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:46 pm

I looked at the County Assessor's interactive map which shows several parcels for the Eagle Gate, as it is a condominium. Each parcel I looked at has a land value, so that appears to contradict there being a single landowner.

PROPERTY RESERVE, INC owns several of the units. Corp of the Presiding Bishop owns some, TRUST NOT IDENTIFIED owns some, and some "HOLDINGS" company has some. So it is like I said earlier, with most of the parcels individual owners are not disclosed.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:33 am

Here’s how it works:

I become a member of a LLC.

Let’s call it Deer Valley Investments, LLC. (DVI)

I have 25 other relatives on the Hinckley family line who are also included in DVI.

The members of DVI invest in hotel, condo, and other real estate investments. Coincidentally, they know a large corporation masquerading as the one true church on the face of the earth that likes to run similar projects and will front the millions of dollars it takes to build real estate projects.

Once the project is complete and sold, each DVI “investor” gets paid out a distribution of profits.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:21 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:51 pm
Our old friend Hermey is the expert on this stuff. I have reached out to him via email. Hopefully he'll have some interesting insights.
Cheers mate.