Navigating a minefield

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Meilingkie

Navigating a minefield

Post by Meilingkie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 am

Imagine a man, paradropped into a minefield.
He knows his mission, to go out and rescue people and bring them unto Christ.
But there´s the minefield to contend with.
People see he´s been dropped to come to their rescue.
And recognise him, and mutter amongst one another: He´s an idiot, and untrustworthy to boot.
So they say nothing and do nothing to help him navigate the minefield.
And the paratrooper, after almost tripping 2 mines, he decided to hunker down and wait till he gets airlifted out again.

This is my stake, and this is my stakepresident.

A Dutch youngman, who was sent to England 20 years ago to stash his old man´s cash.
Cash the old man got from his ponzi-scheme victims.
An old man I happened to excommunicate while sitting on the High Council.
Many victims came forward, and I compiled a binder with articles about the old man and his son in the UK.
This man is now my SP, who was named in newspapers back then 12 years ago as being a part of the fraud.
He bought houses in London, Hamburg, and Rotterdam.
He drives a cab like his old man, how do you pay for that with a simple salary as cabbie?
The Hamburg-house is worth 3 million. I know enough.

He became SP 18 months ago, taking everyone by surprise.
A few months later the other stake-scandal silently broke, subsurface.
About his predecessor helping himself and a friend to hundreds of thousands in fastofferings.
June last year a brother sent a letter to the entire presidency, demanding a DC for the couple.
I was hauled in together with 5 others suspected of sending the letter for a sit-down with a 70 even.
A letter which threatened to go to the IRS with the papers about the fraud possible resulting in loss of the tax-free status of the Church.

Since then the SP knows there are people with a spine, who can´t be bought with callings.
Since then SP knows there are people who know things. Things he thought were hidden.
Like a false resume he put online, fraudulent handlings by him and his family.
A predecessor who made terrible mistakes for which people are still paying.

The poor man is asking here and there how to handle things, how to handle specific people.
He even asked me several times about this, and that.
And we all keep silent, or even knowingly point him the wrong way.

He´s seen as a usurper, an infidel and a faker who uses appearances to let people think all is well in Zion.
With fully scripted Conferences, and much more.
DC´s don´t get held at all for fear of what the accused will throw back at the SP and ignite a firestorm.

He´s the lone paratrooper in the minefield, and he is now bunkering down.
If he shoots at me, I will annihilate his churchcareer, his marriage and his livelyhood.
Same for so many in my stake who despise him.
And the SP knows there are skeletons in the closet, and he does not know who has which key to a closet.

In this Stake there is peace, Peace through Strength.
Armed to the teeth, but still keeping the finger from the red button.

I am sitting in a lazy lawnchair, not doing anything anymore in the Church, except listening, talking, probing.
Waiting for the perfect timing for a decapitating first strike.
And I am relishing the thought, of that man packing his bags to go back to England in shame.

Am I a bad man, maybe, but when cleaning house, you sweep the stairs top to bottom.
In church we tend to do it the other way around.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

General Nuisance

Re: Navigating a minefield

Post by General Nuisance » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:43 pm

In my youth, centuries ago, we had an expression that is fitting here, "Oh my berries..."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

It's good to have the nuke codes ready if you need them.

achilles

Post by achilles » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:12 pm

This SP is going to commit fraud again, how could he not?
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Meilingkie, you have a very interesting front row seat for this slow brewing ecclesiastic scandal.

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:51 pm

This story has confirmed for me something I've suspected for a very long time. As long as one is unquestioningly loyal to the corporation, it doesn't matter what sins one has committed in the past, one is going to continue to rise in the corporation. What they don't seem to understand is that others can see through the charade, and it can create a great deal of friction in a ward/stake. We have a similar situation here in my area - I've never seen a stake run in such a political fashion where the sycophants are raised quickly regardless of their competence, the only requirement being unswerving loyalty to both the SP and the corporation. Meetings, conferences and stake meetings are simply love-ins for those in power, with the rest of the peons forced to listen to the drivel. In our stake, people who aren't in power either don't show up in these meetings, or like me (and I've seen it personally) just roll their eyes or play with their phones (my distraction of choice) when forced to go. Which brings me to a question.

For those who know about your SP's perfidy, Meilingkie, is there an underground of those who "murmur" about him? And in turn, do the sycophants who have been bought off with callings (or FO funds, that seems to be the MO of your stake) try to quash any rebellion against him? If so, how does this affect the running of the stake and wards? You seem very in tune with this story, if you can let us know. What a crapshow! I'd love to go to church in Holland, it just seems so exciting!
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."