Russel Nelson and the 2nd Great Apostacy

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Russel Nelson and the 2nd Great Apostacy

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:59 pm

Hinkley said we should be proud to call ourselves Mormons. Hinkley and Monson created the I'm a Mormon marketing campaign and two theatrical releases named Meet the Mormons.

As soon as he got his turn at bat, Nelson proclaimed that even speaking the word "Mormon" is a victory for Satan. How could the two previous prophets not have know that if they were even the least bit in tune with the spirit of prophesy? Worse, how could they work in direct opposition to that revealed truth? Those two men went to great lengths to claim more victories for Satan than any other individuals in all of human history, if you consider how widely and intensely they spread the dreaded M-word across the globe via every form of media they could think of: movies, YouTube videos, social media, ads, podcasts, interviews, publications...

Wouldn't Nelson have to conclude that those men were NOT actually prophets O' God like unto himself. From his righteous vantage point, wouldn't he see them as intentional agents of Satan? How can a church member who reveres Nelson as the only true mouthpiece of God, and must solemnly declare that belief to qualify for a temple recommend, not come to the same conclusion?

Was there an apostasy we haven't been told about? Has Nelson (praise be unto him) restored the restoration?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Re: Russel Nelson and the 2nd Great Apostacy

Post by deacon blues » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:53 am

I am surprised that the Lord didn't send an angel with a sword to correct or remove Hinckley and Monson. It would almost seem that sometimes God allows his prophets- GASP! - to lead the Church astray. :shock: :o
Will the Church's next proclamation declare the saving doctrine that the Pres. Nelson has so patiently declared: the name of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is inviolable, sacrosanct, yea even unchangeable forever? :roll:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:46 pm

Nelson never gave an acceptable name to replace Mormon. I feel rather mischievous when I refer to this group as "Saints", especially after people viewed the Canadian and Australian broadcasts about the Saints.

Couple President Nelson's word preference with his tall tales (See reports in the Encyclopedia Reel & RFM) and you can understand why Bugs Bunny used to say, "What a bunch of Mormons".
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:41 pm

You silly ninnys.

The Lord directs living prophets to guide us for what we need today, not yesterday. That's why we always have to listen to the living prophet over dead ones. Of course Pres Nelson loved and sustained Hinckley and Monson, just like today's living apostles love and sustain and ass kiss Pres Nelson.

God knew that it's now that we need to focus on the true name of the church as it was revealed to Joseph Smith. It was ok to use "Mormons" before but now we should know better because the living prophet told us.

You say God seems fickle? No, that's not true. God is unchanging and the truth is always the truth. So, no it wasn't a sin to say Mormon before but now that we know, God is probably going to give us some grace period before it's part of the temple recommend questions. Sorta like the word of wisdom. God knows it will be hard for us to change a habit. Pres Nelson prepared the way and then probably a later prophet will say ok now you can't say Mormon and be temple worthy. Line upon line.

Well, yeah Pres Nelson DID bring it up many years ago when Hinckley was prophet but the time wasn't right. God knew that we weren't really ready for the change yet.

Hinckley knew too because he was the prophet then, and he probably told Nelson privately that he'd already petitioned the Lord about it already, and wasn't given the go ahead, so hold your horses, Rusty!

So, why did Monson seem to try to flood the earth with "Mormon"? Well, remember first that God knows everything already, and he knows that we need challenges so what better challenge to live a higher law (the correct name of His church) than to have a few years with everyone saying I'm a Mormon.

It's all in God's plan you see.

And I have a testimony that we'll soon be expected to give up that word from our vocabulary, so already in our family we're washing our kids mouths with soap when they say it. Starting in January, we'll also stop writing that word so we can more fully eradicate any influence of the adversary in our lives. We've stopped letting the kids play with neighbors who use tthe "M" word. We just call it the "M" word because it represents hate speech, which we all know is a victory for Satan.

Yeah, we've got some of those of our faith who are calling themselves "Marmins" and saying that it's ok because it's a different word, or sounds different, but we all know of course that is still a victory for Satan because the whole point is to call this Jesus's church. If this was Moses's church it would be called the church of Moses. If it was Mormon's church, it would be called the Church of Mormon. But it's Jesus's church, so we call it The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Why do we add the Latter-day Saints part if it's not the Latter-day Saints church, you ask? Well because Jesus was ok with that part. For now at least. Elder Bednar will probably change it to The church of Jesus Christ... after Elder Oaks gets rid of the gays and lesbians.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:27 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:41 pm
Elder Bednar will probably change it to The church of Jesus Christ...
And then unleash Kirton and McConkie on all of the other churches that already use that name.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:52 pm

I was watching the Bednar press conference that wtfluff linked in another thread. Bednar said President Nelson was very brave in making the commitment that "we will no longer use a pejorative nickname that was attached to us by our enemies."

The wicked apostates Hinkley and Monson must certainly rank high in that list of enemies, right?

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:16 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:52 pm
I was watching the Bednar press conference that wtfluff linked in another thread. Bednar said President Nelson was very brave in making the commitment that "we will no longer use a pejorative nickname that was attached to us by our enemies."

The wicked apostates Hinkley and Monson must certainly rank high in that list of enemies, right?
I find this funny as early members and leaders referred to themselves as Mormonites.
~2bizE

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 pm

Wasn't it President Benson, Ol EzraT, who used to sing, "I am a Marmin boy!"

"I might be envied by a king, for I'm a Marmin boy!"

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:47 pm

Can look it up on youtube. It's worth 50 sec of your listening time.

A prophet of god just laying that ditty down for Satan.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:52 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 pm
Wasn't it President Benson, Ol EzraT, who used to sing, "I am a Marmin boy!"

"I might be envied by a king, for I'm a Marmin boy!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7n3GuiX5E

The best line is "So very queer I feel." I hope Packer resisted the urge to punch out his lights.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:56 am

"A man has to know [or admit] his limitations." Clint Eastwood, from "Dirty Harry."
edit) I mean Russell Nelson needs to learn his limitations.
I have had a couple of TBM's tell me that Pres. Nelson's last Conference talk sounded liked he is bidding farewell to this mortal sphere.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:43 pm

We can only hope Rusty is ready to leave this life soon.
By their fruits ye shall know them

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:42 am

Hagoth wrote:
At least according to RMN. After GBH bitch slapped him in public over the Mormon name thing in the 90's, I would not be surprised if that resentment grew to into something like that today.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:59 am

Hagoth wrote:

It goes way before Hinckley and Monson. Joseph Smith talked about "Mormonism." I am pretty sure he accepted the nickname. I would bet that every prophet from him until Monson used the nickname proudly. The church must have fallen into apostasy almost immediately. Any keys that apostates, giving major victories to Satan, tried to pass on would have been void. Taking Nelson seriously implies that a new restoration is necessary because his keys are worthless.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:42 am
Hagoth wrote:
At least according to RMN. After GBH bitch slapped him in public over the Mormon name thing in the 90's, I would not be surprised if that resentment grew to into something like that today.
Makes sense. He's trying to out do GBH on temples too. This whole thing is a just a sad sorry man's grudge against his dead colleague. Pretty pathetic.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:38 am

MoPag wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 am
Just This Guy wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:42 am
Hagoth wrote:
Makes sense. He's trying to out do GBH on temples too. This whole thing is a just a sad sorry man's grudge against his dead colleague. Pretty pathetic.
Yeah, there isn't much that is more pathetic than a very old man trying to show he has a bigger *priesthood antenna* than a dead guy.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:17 am

MoPag wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 am
Makes sense. He's trying to out do GBH on temples too.
But with a big difference. Hinkley actually built the temples he announced. Russell is c*ck-blocking the next few generations of presidents with the responsibility of actually following through on Russell's wanton temple announcing spree. If they can't build all of his temples he announced they look like failures who can't live up to his vision, but if they try to outdo him in announcing new temples before the current ones are built they'll look like they're living in an even bigger fantasyland than he is. Besides, the more temples that get announced, the further they have to push out the end-of-world fear mongering; surely Jesus wouldn't announce all of these temples knowing there isn't time to build them. If I were Dallin I would call Nelson's bluff by announcing 10,000 new temples with no plans to break ground on any of them, proclaiming Jesus wants us to wait a few years until he shows up to oversee the construction.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:22 am

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.org/ ... hronology/
About 175 temples in operation. About 55 under construction. About 70 announced. :?
Russell announces 18 in the Oct. 2022 Conference. Hmmm :roll: