Baptisms for righteous dead.

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
deacon blues

Baptisms for righteous dead.

Post by deacon blues » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:17 pm

I recall a talk where Pres. Nelson said that Adam, Noah etc. have all received the same covenants as we/LDS have. Does anyone know if temple work has been done for them? For people like King Saul, or Gideon, or Potiphar? How about Jezebel, King Ahab, Caiaphas, or Pontius Pilate?
Is there a line drawn between good dead people and bad dead people?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

wtfluff

Re: Baptisms for righteous dead.

Post by wtfluff » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:56 pm

Remember the depiction in the Polygamy Palace movies where Adam and Eve had their own altar in their "Living Room" doing the Pay-Lay-Ale dance and other "temple stuff?"

In the MORmON history of the world, Adam and Noah and all those other pre-historic MORmONs did their own "temple work."

(Pay no attention to actual historical records...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

LSOF

Re: Baptisms for righteous dead.

Post by LSOF » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:23 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:17 pm
I recall a talk where Pres. Nelson said that Adam, Noah etc. have all received the same covenants as we/LDS have. Does anyone know if temple work has been done for them? For people like King Saul, or Gideon, or Potiphar? How about Jezebel, King Ahab, Caiaphas, or Pontius Pilate?
Is there a line drawn between good dead people and bad dead people?
Considering Adolf Hitler has had his temple work done multiple times, I doubt there is. Although in the eyes of the person who acted as proxy for him, Hitler was probably righteous. And I hope we all agree here that Hitler was bad.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League