New lawsuit. Temple sewage

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Angel

New lawsuit. Temple sewage

Post by Angel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 am

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/ ... 4.amp.html :lol:

The lawsuit asks for the court to rule on whether the interest-free loans to property owners who elected not to participate in the project funding were unconstitutional; whether the church is not a licensed public works contractor and not authorized to contract out the water and sewer lines to the new temple site, whether the delegation of the purchasing function for the lines to the church for the city’s portion of the work was unlawful; whether the city’s declaration as sole source did not exempt the city from competitive bidding laws; whether payment to the church for the city’s share of costs was unlawful; whether the city council’s actions with the development agreement is void because it was negotiated in private meetings.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hagoth

Re: New lawsuit. Temple sewage

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:21 pm

I wonder how many sneaky little deals like this have been sliding around under the surface.

Unrelated, I have spent time in Burley and I think there's just way too much sewage there to begin with!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:02 pm

President Newsroom future announcement:
“This was all a misunderstanding and an error on the part of the city. We acknowledge no wrong doing and the fine we paid was simply to move ahead. We consider this matter to be closed.”
~2bizE

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:51 pm

Contractors? I'm just surprised they didn't pull a, "It's our ward's turn to help with temple sewer construction this Saturday at 6:00AM."
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin