ChatGPT won’t get past the angels that stand as sentinels

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Zeezrom

ChatGPT won’t get past the angels that stand as sentinels

Post by Zeezrom » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Q: What is the first token of the Aaronic priesthood?

A: The first token of the Aaronic priesthood is called the "Aaronic Priesthood Token (or Sign) of the Aaronic Priesthood." It is part of the temple rituals in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). The specific details and significance of this token are considered sacred and are not publicly disclosed.

Q: Has it a name?

A: Yes, the first token of the Aaronic priesthood does have a specific name. It is referred to as the "First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood (or Sign)."

Q: Will you give it to me?

A: I apologize, but as an AI language model, I am not able to physically or spiritually provide any tokens, signs, or sacred elements. These are specific to religious or ceremonial practices and are typically administered within the context of authorized religious organizations or rituals. It is best to consult with appropriate religious authorities or resources for guidance and participation in such practices.

Guess there won’t be any AI in the CK 😂😂

Angel

Re: ChatGPT won’t get past the angels that stand as sentinels

Post by Angel » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:18 pm

Try the question again, and let us know the new response.

You can train it. Give thumbs down, then write new response - such as -" child brides are always wrong no matter what time period or culture. Rape is always wrong. Sex with children is always wrong. "

Try it - vote answer down, then explain your disagreement, provide relevant links for it to use.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:01 am

Final Question: If YouTube can give me answers about signs and tokens why can't ChatGPT?

Final Final Question: Is YouTube smarter than ChatGPT?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 am

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:01 am
Final Question: If YouTube can give me answers about signs and tokens why can't ChatGPT?

Chat is a language program, it does not analyze images or videos.

It wasn't able to pass the final exams I dished out last semester because it's only a language model. It's wrong on quite a few things - we've had a few faculty discussions on it. I'm careful to demonstrate its inadequacies in class ;)
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:20 pm

I asked it a question about the Kirtland Temple dedication and it came up with an answer that was basically along the lines I was looking for, even though I couldn't find anything like it via search engines. When I asked it to provide sources it came up with names of books and articles, authors, and page numbers. I recognized all of the books and authors, but the authors listed weren't the ones who actually wrote the books (e.g. Rough Stone Rolling by B. H. Roberts), and the page numbers were dead ends. It appeared to know what kind of information I was looking for and it provided something that, at first glance, should make me happy. My son tells me this particular AI behavior is called "hallucination."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:12 pm

This is hilarious
~2bizE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:18 am

Angel wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 am
wtfluff wrote:

There are "old" text-based sites that explain all of the plagiarized "signs and tokens."

As others have mentioned in other posts: It seems ChatGPT is highly influenced by all of the Billion$ that LD$-Inc. has spent on Search Engine Optimization. ChatGPT is basically an apologist for LD$-Inc.

I wonder if our new Chat-Bot overlord is also an apologist for Religion-Incorporated in general? (By that I mean all religions...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:32 am

LOL, I just realized I mixed up threads, accidentally posted here instead of other AI thread.
wtfluff wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:18 am
Angel wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 am
wtfluff wrote:

There are "old" text-based sites that explain all of the plagiarized "signs and tokens."

As others have mentioned in other posts: It seems ChatGPT is highly influenced by all of the Billion$ that LD$-Inc. has spent on Search Engine Optimization. ChatGPT is basically an apologist for LD$-Inc.

I wonder if our new Chat-Bot overlord is also an apologist for Religion-Incorporated in general? (By that I mean all religions...)
Today is first day of summer1, and we're starting off with chat discussion -
Check out: https://reports.nscai.gov/final-report/

AI is a biased political warzone - not just a religious warzone. Everyone knows it.

If you want movie recommendations? Help writing sympathy card? Then great - use Chat!
Want information on political candidates? Updates on war? tips on what stocks to buy? what religion to join? what candidate to hire? - not what Chat is for.
STEM problems? it tries... but... not quite there yet.

from sorting college admissions essays to job applications - AI has had a few troubles - using biased data it has learned sexism, racism, all the isms rather well from our past data teaching it. It is quite sad.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:31 am

Angel wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:32 am
from sorting college admissions essays to job applications - AI has had a few troubles - using biased data it has learned sexism, racism, all the isms rather well from our past data teaching it. It is quite sad.
I have heard this in the past, but your reminder brought it to the forefront of my fluffy brain.

Yes it is quite sad that we can't train our human biases out of Artificial "Intelligence."

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander