Has Ensign Peak bought and bribed AI?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Zeezrom

Has Ensign Peak bought and bribed AI?

Post by Zeezrom » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:18 pm

I asked ChatGPT if Joseph Smith married underage girls. The response was more ridiculously apologetic than anything I’ve read from FAIR:

Yes, Joseph Smith did have marriages with women who were younger, including some who were under the age of 18. It is important to understand, however, that the practice of marrying at younger ages was more common during the 19th century. In the context of Joseph Smith's time and cultural background, these marriages were not necessarily seen as unusual or inappropriate.

It is worth noting that the exact details and circumstances of these marriages, including the ages of the individuals involved, can be a topic of debate among historians and scholars. The interpretations and understandings of these marriages continue to evolve as new research and information come to light. It is recommended to refer to reliable historical sources and scholarly discussions for a more nuanced understanding of the topic.

Wow, just, wow. Marrying simultaneously more than two dozen females, some as young as 14 was “not necessarily seen as unusual or inappropriate”???????????

I’ve yet to see any debate among historians or evolving information coming to light that could change the age of Helen Mar Kimball to anything other than 14….

Hagoth

Re: Has Ensign Peak bought and bribed AI?

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:24 pm

I have noticed that AI's first destination on all things Mormon seems to be FAIR and similar sources. Is there something like search engine optimization at work here?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."