Selling Zion?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
deacon blues

Selling Zion?

Post by deacon blues » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:28 am

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2023/09 ... even-more/

What would Joseph Smith say? O ye of little faith?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

lostinmiddlemormonism

Re: Selling Zion?

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:26 am

Subscriber only story….

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:14 am

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:26 am
Subscriber only story….
https://web.archive.org/web/20230912152 ... even-more/
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Jebus changed his mind; more land grab in Florida perhaps?
Guess he better cool the planet off a bit first before it's all under water.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:20 pm

As long as Church Authorities realize that "return to Missouri" will never happen, there is no reason not to sell the land and make some wise investments in the Beijing Stock Market. The Starship Nauvoo taking the Corporation back to Kolob should be the main goal.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:26 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:20 pm
As long as Church Authorities realize that "return to Missouri" will never happen, there is no reason not to sell the land and make some wise investments in the Beijing Stock Market. The Starship Nauvoo taking the Corporation back to Kolob should be the main goal.
Bingo! But the starship Nauvoo is just going to be used to destroy alien technology. We're not getting back to Kolob either.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:27 am

blazerb wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:26 pm
Bingo! But the starship Nauvoo is just going to be used to destroy alien technology. We're not getting back to Kolob either.
That was from one possible timeline. I suspect the Church will use Senior Missionaries to build the Starship Nauvoo and have it guarded by a legion of Stripling Warriors. The Senior Missionaries will be assisted by replicant Handmaids who have been programmed in Authority obedience and submission.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:41 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:27 am
blazerb wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:26 pm
That was from one possible timeline. I suspect the Church will use Senior Missionaries to build the Starship Nauvoo and have it guarded by a legion of Stripling Warriors. The Senior Missionaries will be assisted by replicant Handmaids who have been programmed in Authority obedience and submission.
I want to see someone try to hijack the Starship Nauvoo and be met with a bunch of guys whittling spears and whistling "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet."

Gatorbait

Post by Gatorbait » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:02 am

Remember, as a child growing up, how the New Jerusalem was going to be in Missouri, and I thought, that's cool, where's Missouri? Must be some groovy place, Garden of Eden there and all, "walk where Adam and Eve walked". Pretty good stuff. Then I went there...not much happening. Hmmm.

Years later, the church is global, and far from where they started, teaching the Lamonites the BOM, or anything. That fizzled out once Pres. Kimball died. Healing of the Dead Sea- never hear about that one, yet JS spoke of it often. Or building the temple in Jerusalem- that's something that is hardly talked about. So much unrest there already. Lots of preparation things we just don't hear about. Too busy telling us not to call ourselves Mormons and the like. Not enough time for the end of the world stuff.

Nowadays things are so uncomplicated. Relax in your lazy-boy recliner, switch back and forth from football to gen conf- at least if you want to take a nap in between football games. Only ones worried about a new Jerusalem are digging bunkers in their back yards and filling it with seventeen tons of ammo and enough food for three families to last ten years- they have a name for these types, though I've little interest in them or what they think.

One thing the church is steady Eddie on though- "Pay at this window folks- and think Celestial- got to pay to play, and God needs your money. Now."
"Let no man count himself righteous who permits a wrong he could avert". N.N. Riddell