What's the story with Tim Ballard?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Re: What's the story with Tim Ballard?

Post by Hagoth » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:42 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:29 pm
Here's another fantasy scenario that would be hilarious. All of the alt-Right Mormons split from the main church to follow Tim and his psychic. I mean, at least they are claiming some kind of revelation, unlike the Prophets, Seers and/or Revelators. Deep down inside they all knew RMN was a false prophet anyway, when he heeded Satan's call and got vaccinated.
Man, I hope they don't just cluelessly gloss over this General Conference, but I fear the days of actually confronting real issues, not just boogeymen, are in the past. I fear the church has the same problem as the Republican party. The people at the top don't like the crazies but they need their numbers, so they just look the other way and the percentage and influence of the crazies just keeps growing.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:42 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:26 pm
moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:48 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:01 am
Imagine if, instead of a psychic medium,...
Hagoth, has there been any thought of hiring an LDS psychic to channel Moroni and see if there are any Gold Plates buried in Sandy or Draper?
Yeah, and we almost had it but it slipped deeper into that ground.
:lol: gotta apease those damn treasure gaurdians....
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:46 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:58 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:24 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:37 pm
It appears the church has made a statement.

So Tim is denying that the church actually made a statement? We seem to live in a world where you just say what you want to be true and a group of credulous people just believe you and stand behind you. Tim seems to have all the requisite skills for the political career to which he aspires.
Even better.
Ballard believed that he would quickly gain the favor of church leadership and the Mormon elite, eventually securing a coveted lifetime appointment on the LDS church’s highest governing body, the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

I mean at least his conference talks would be pretty entertaining... :lol: :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:21 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:42 pm
Man, I hope they don't just cluelessly gloss over this General Conference, but I fear the days of actually confronting real issues, not just boogeymen, are in the past. I fear the church has the same problem as the Republican party. The people at the top don't like the crazies but they need their numbers, so they just look the other way and the percentage and influence of the crazies just keeps growing.
This is exactly it.

They know what's happening on the 'ground level' - they're watching social media like all of us and seeing people losing their MINDS over this story.

But they can't address it because if they denounce the response, those members will get crazier. If you coddle them, you embolden them.

So they'll continue to do nothing except make vague statements that *both* sides feel is approval and then they'll go back to watching the investment funds grow.

Spineless cowards.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:38 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:19 pm
I keep seeing comments from faithful members standing up for Tim Ballard and his fight against evil. Meanwhile, this sh*t is going on pretty much every day in their church and no one seems to show any interest:
https://floodlit.org/a/a720/
I empathize with the sh*tty feeling those members will experience if they ever decide to look at the truth of who he is. It's the same feeling I get when I think back to my last desperate rant in a testimony meeting to defend the BOM against the rising tide of evidence showing it was a fraud. Cringe factor 10, kick in the ego ballz.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:24 am

New update on how an LDS psychic helped channel Moroni to locate the children for Tim Ballard.
From Radio Free Mormon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSZT1VMcyCk

“Eenie Meanie Chili Beanie, Moroni is about to speak”.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:29 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:24 am
New update on how an LDS psychic helped channel Moroni to locate the children for Tim Ballard.
From Radio Free Mormon:

Will the 10,000 pages be released?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:16 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:24 am
From Radio Free Mormon:

Wait... Was the psychic channeling MORONi, or Nephi?!?!?

Is the psychic just as confused as Joseph Smith was and can't get their (fictional) Ancient 'Murican Prophet names correct?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:44 am

This whole Ballard thing is getting better every day. Just listened to RFMs podcase he posted up today. Now it's starting to look like more evidence tying the Ballards together and the psychic. I'm cooking up more popcorn!

Are these for-profit TSCC leaders really leveraging these creative methods to attract more members? This reminds me of my mission days. Just before I landed in the UK in 83, the generation of missionaries before me had made the mission #1 in baptisms in all of Europe. I soon found out how they did it, spinning up baseball teams in neighborhoods, recruiting kids and sometimes baptizing them without parental permission. My mission prez was there to cleanup that mess and make it clear we don't do it that way.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:00 am

The level of stupidity in some of the YouTube comments amazes me.

“Maybe the church spokesman’s email was hacked and someone sent that to Vice”

“Anyone else find it sus that the Church isolated Tim? It’s a political hack job so they can put their people into the Senate race”

“That church spokesman needs to be fired!”

Another commenter asked if they actually read the accusation documents and police reports?

“No! I’m not going to subject myself to evil! Tim is a hero!”
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:06 pm

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:30 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:00 am
The level of stupidity in some of the YouTube comments amazes me.
I agree. The "truthers" and "Q Patriots" REALLY worship Tim Ballard as a much needed hero. They are now having a meltdown.

I have followed Tim Ballard for a few years and I knew he lied about his involvement in rescues, etc. He's also an abuser himself and many believe his organization was cover for actual human trafficking. It'll be interesting to see how deep this goes.

Lynn Packer has done a lot of videos on youtube over the last few years investigating Tim Ballard & O.U.R. They are very interesting (although he's a bit dry to listen to...lol).
https://www.youtube.com/@lynnkennethpacker8389

I'm not sure why the church leaders are distancing themselve right now other than how many victims are stepping forward. They definitely promoted and even used church members to fund Ballard. He was also very supported by Elder Ballard.

Tim Ballard was traveling around holding Saturday night firesides for the church (my son-in-law attended one) and asking for donations & support after he spoke. These firesides were met with quite a bit of disapproval by the members who felt the subject matter was objectionable.
But...the leaders definitely supported Ballard at one time.

The studio (Angel Studios) that ended up releasing the movie "Sound of Freedom" into theaters is also heavily supported by Mormon leaders.

This twitter account is posting some interesting (and disturbing) info about victims who are stepping forward with statements:
https://twitter.com/realericmoutsos/sta ... 1788773519

"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:09 pm

This is a video made by an insider who worked for O.U.R. and went on many of the rescues. I felt it was a fair and honest assessment (from his viewpoint) of Tim Ballard and what is going on.
He's one who was quoted in the Vice article.
He also confirms that Tim had affairs and that these women will be coming forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v12zg4Pim7s&t=2s
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:33 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:06 pm
Pat Bagley is such a treasure. May he never retire.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:36 pm

AllieOop wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:30 am
This twitter account is posting some interesting (and disturbing) info about victims who are stepping forward with statements:
That's Eric Moutsos. He's a right-wing Utah activist. Very right-wing. The sort of person that would be inclined to consider Ballard as part of his tribe. Moutsos made his name by hating gays and anything else similar. And then by actively trying to defy COVID guidelines and restrictions.

If he's not on Ballard's side, there must be a lot of evidence, some that he just can't brush away.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:39 pm

Zelph on the Shelf has some good episodes on the topic also.
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:54 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:36 pm
AllieOop wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:30 am
That's Eric Moutsos. He's a right-wing Utah activist. Very right-wing. The sort of person that would be inclined to consider Ballard as part of his tribe. Moutsos made his name by hating gays and anything else similar. And then by actively trying to defy COVID guidelines and restrictions.

If he's not on Ballard's side, there must be a lot of evidence, some that he just can't brush away.
Yes, that's Eric! He even had a big fund raiser for Tim Ballard in St. George.

But after hearing the statements (of even more women now apparently), he's convinced they are telling the truth.

He did a video on Rumble today too: https://rumble.com/v3kjl6q-tim-ballard- ... utsos.html

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:56 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:39 pm
Zelph on the Shelf has some good episodes on the topic also.
Thank you, I'll take a look!

Here the most recent from Deseret News....not looking good for Ballard.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/9/25/23889 ... led-donors

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:15 am

I hate to go on Rumble and I don't feel much better about Moutsos, but I did watch some of his video. He's taking some heat from some of his right-wing compatriots on his new stance with OUR, who are deciding he's sold out to the woke mob since he longer supports Ballard in everything he does. But, at least he has some principles and a point at which he'll listen to what people say and change his mind.

I watched that video from Jimmy Rex. It's kind of weird. Very self-serving in a number of ways. Clearly he was all swept up in the white knight stuff and all of the wonderful people he got to meet through the experience. He's at times very critical of Ballard and OUR, but then very protective of his friends. His friendship with Paul Hutchinson clearly prevents him from fully analyzing or describing the situation. He asserts that the touching was totally justified and that the victim was fully established to be 18. Maybe if they hadn't gone on ill-prepared "operations", they wouldn't have been in that situation to begin with and it wouldn't have needed to be justified. There's a lot of uncertainty about what her age actually was. Rex accepts it as given that she was later proven to be 18, so it wasn't a big deal. Zelph on the Shelf points out that even if she was really 18, that's just an arbitrary number and still doesn't resolve the issue.

Rex also repeatedly shares that the numbers of victims were never anything near what Ballard and OUR claimed. He went on "ops", where they were unable to find any underage victims, in spite of their flaunting sums of money. The whole narrative from OUR and Ballard was totally fabricated.

Rex also discusses comments he was quoted with in an interview from a few years ago. After that he and OUR were criticized because a real estate agent was a major player in the "ops". He disputes that, stressing that he got a lot of training and wasn't just a real estate agent. But, later he sort of contradicts himself when he explains how little training they got, how some of Ballard's training exercises were kept private from the others (his affairs), and how Rex was really only there because he had gone on an LDS mission to Mexico.

Ballard has always been sleazy and slimy and more and more of it is becoming more widely known. I think we're going to see further investigations opened or made public that will impact.

From the beginning I always found him pretty slimy. Including the name of his organization, which is massive cultural, historical appropriation, this time re-narratived so that the white man rides in as the savior, instead of the many slaves who put their lives constantly on the line.

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:18 am

Moutsos and Rex are both adamant that a lot more bad stuff is yet to come out. And will.