Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7186
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:27 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:18 pm
Russell has a long history of being sleazy enough that he would be just as involved in those schemes as Tim. There are plenty of witnesses that put Russell in close, frequent contact with Tim and of being involved, including as the silent partner.
Not to mention that Tim Ballard's production company's address was the same as Russel's son's dietary supplement company. That sentence alone could be unfolded into a multiple-episode podcast.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
Red Ryder
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:27 pm
Jeffret wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:18 pm
Russell has a long history of being sleazy enough that he would be just as involved in those schemes as Tim. There are plenty of witnesses that put Russell in close, frequent contact with Tim and of being involved, including as the silent partner.
Not to mention that Tim Ballard's production company's address was the same as Russel's son's dietary supplement company. That sentence alone could be unfolded into a multiple-episode podcast.
Let’s extrapolate this for a bit.

Elder Ballard used his son to represent his interests while remaining as a silent partner, thus creating the illusion that he is not in business with Tim Ballard. Im sure this happens all the time with politicians, celebrities, and apparently Apostles.

Nowhere does it say that Elder Ballard in his role as an Apostle is prohibited from investing in a business, making management decisions in a business, or owning shares of a business.

For all we know, all of the apostles are actively participating in private business matters as individuals completely separate from their roles as apostles of Jesus Christ. It seems they all sit on various committees, boards, and temple planning meetings.

The problem I have is that they don’t disclose their ownership or participation in such entities. How do we know they aren’t “silent” owners in construction entities that are building temples. Or real estate investors in land and buildings that the church buys and sells?

For all we know they are enriching themselves through a conduit flooded with the widows mite!

Add in self regulation and audit and it’s a black hole for fraud, misappropriation of assets, and self enrichment.

The optics for an Elder Ballard and Tim Ballard relationship is bad. Yet both serendipitously enjoyed the benefit each provided to their bravado. That is until Elder Ballard finds out Tim Ballard is using his name and apostolic blessing to persuade women into sexual acts in the name of saving children.

Then suddenly, Elder Ballard never had a relationship with Tim and was unauthorized in using his name.

Yet the office connection points to the opposite.

So both Tim and Elder Ballard are liars. Dishonest. Con men.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
Stig
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Stig » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:53 am

Let's not forget MRB's history of fraud going all the way back to 1962: https://www.sec.gov/news/digest/1962/dig072462.pdf
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

User avatar
Jeffret
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Jeffret » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:09 am

Stig wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:53 am
Let's not forget MRB's history of fraud going all the way back to 1962: https://www.sec.gov/news/digest/1962/dig072462.pdf
It goes back earlier than that. In the video that AllieOop posted previously, Lynn Packer meticulously details to Bill Reel and RFM Russell Ballard's long history of fraudulent activities.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

User avatar
Stig
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Stig » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:09 am
Stig wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:53 am
Let's not forget MRB's history of fraud going all the way back to 1962: https://www.sec.gov/news/digest/1962/dig072462.pdf
It goes back earlier than that. In the video that AllieOop posted previously, Lynn Packer meticulously details to Bill Reel and RFM Russell Ballard's long history of fraudulent activities.
At the risk of sounding a bit cynical (I am), he was a car salesman, so....
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

User avatar
blazerb
Posts: 1615
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by blazerb » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:24 pm

I saw this email today that purports to come from Glenn Beck to TIm Ballard: https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... n_and_tim/.

If this is real, the thing that bothers me the most is that Glenn Beck can just call up Neil Andersen to see about church business. We should not be surprised, I guess. The church gives access to the rich and famous like any other organization. It just annoys me.

User avatar
Stig
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Stig » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:50 pm

Another nugget from the Amended Complaint -

"The Davis County Investigation, according to OUR’s own internal documents, revealed that Elder M. Russell Ballard and other authorities from the Mormon Church, provided Mormon tithing records to OUR to help OUR target wealthy donors and wealthy Mormon Church Wards. Id. at p. 7, ¶ 58 (f)."

If this is true....
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

User avatar
Stig
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Stig » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:03 pm

Copy of the Amended Complaint with all exhibits: https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/51/ ... ba307b.pdf
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5162
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by moksha » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 am

Stig wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:50 pm
Another nugget from the Amended Complaint -

"The Davis County Investigation, according to OUR’s own internal documents, revealed that Elder M. Russell Ballard and other authorities from the Mormon Church, provided Mormon tithing records to OUR to help OUR target wealthy donors and wealthy Mormon Church Wards. Id. at p. 7, ¶ 58 (f)."
This item needs to be included in the class action lawsuit against the LDS Church. Something tells me that the Republican Party in many counties throughout Utah, Idaho, and Arizona have similar lists.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7186
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:11 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:18 pm
Clearly, there were also other Church leaders with at least some connection to Tim's schemes and the efforts to spread "the gospel". They had some awareness of it and some support, at least tacit. The Church supported Tim's work, up until it became a liability.
Thanks to Glenn Beck we now also know that Neil Anderson was involved.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
Jeffret
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Has Tim Ballard Been Excommunicated?

Post by Jeffret » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:58 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:11 pm
Jeffret wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:18 pm
Clearly, there were also other Church leaders with at least some connection to Tim's schemes and the efforts to spread "the gospel". They had some awareness of it and some support, at least tacit. The Church supported Tim's work, up until it became a liability.
Thanks to Glenn Beck we now also know that Neil Anderson was involved.
And from what has continued to come out, probably others.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests