A miracle for Satan? Temple reopening delayed

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Advocate

A miracle for Satan? Temple reopening delayed

Post by Advocate » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:52 pm

It seems like there are many miracles related to temples. When the COVID vaccine was released, it was a miracle because the Lord wanted people back in the temples. More and more temples being built is because the Lord wants his people in the temple.

The temple in South Carolina closed last fall for a "minor renovation". It was supposed to reopen on January 22, 2024, but that now has been delayed to March 5, 2024. Is this a miracle for Satan? Or perhaps the Lord doesn't want the people of South Carolina in the temple? The only thing we can know for sure is you won't hear about this "miracle" in fast and testimony meeting.

deacon blues

Re: A miracle for Satan? Temple reopening delayed

Post by deacon blues » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:38 pm

I think Pres. Nelson and the LDS Church playing the "devil" card is toxic. They do it too much and, for me, it is ridiculous. I do know TBM's who would disagree with me, but if they reviewed LDS history it seems self-evident to me that blaming so many things on the devil is stupid, even if one believes in a literal devil, which I'm skeptical of.
Your post points out that the card can be played both ways, and that also points out how silly the whole thing is. :roll:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.