Rainbows

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
blazerb

Rainbows

Post by blazerb » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:45 am

Rainbows have been sighted. We have one more year, at least, to continue sinning:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow/commen ... ch%C3%B6n/

Ghost

Re: Rainbows

Post by Ghost » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:26 am

When the time comes, it might be a challenge to stop all children everywhere from running through the sprinkler for a year.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:00 am

How do rainbows figure into Mormon lore?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:16 pm

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 340-41 wrote:I have asked of the Lord concerning His coming; and while asking the Lord, He gave a sign and said, "In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year; but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant.

But I will take the responsibility upon myself to prophesy in the name of the Lord, that Christ will not come this year, as Father Miller has prophesied, for we have seen the bow; and I also prophesy, in the name of the Lord, that Christ will not come in forty years; and if God ever spoke by my mouth, He will not come in that length of time. Brethren, when you go home, write it down, that it may be remembered.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:05 am

Ghost wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:16 pm
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 340-41 wrote:I have asked of the Lord concerning His coming; and while asking the Lord, He gave a sign and said, "In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year; but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant.

But I will take the responsibility upon myself to prophesy in the name of the Lord, that Christ will not come this year, as Father Miller has prophesied, for we have seen the bow; and I also prophesy, in the name of the Lord, that Christ will not come in forty years; and if God ever spoke by my mouth, He will not come in that length of time. Brethren, when you go home, write it down, that it may be remembered.
I also prophesy that the Second Coming will not occur in the next 40 years. Not a very risky prophecy.