Work for Neanderthal Dead

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
2bizE

Work for Neanderthal Dead

Post by 2bizE » Thu May 02, 2024 9:02 am

The Family Proclamation talks about “All Humans - Male and Female…”, which would seem to imply Neanderthals are included as they are ancient humans….
Had there been any effort from the church to do work for the dead Neanderthals? I wonder if genetic companies like Ancestry could play a part in identifying out Neanderthal relatives so temple work can be performed?
I wonder if we could perform proxy baptisms for certain chromosomes?
Thoughts?
~2bizE

moksha

Re: Work for Neanderthal Dead

Post by moksha » Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 am

I've pondered that question. One thing is for certain: Fair play for Neanderthals, Denisovians, Pre-Adamite Modern Humans (or just plain Modern Humans born before historical records), and other groups. However, is there a cut-off in the human evolutionary timeline? Would this work go back to our mitochondrial foremother Lucy or would we have a strict Homo Erectus Priesthood policy and not let in the Australopithecines who may or may not have been valiant in the Heaven War? This might be needless hubris to spite our ancestral gene pool.***

Anyway, under LDS Cosmology, this work could only be accomplished in the Spirit World where identities could be ascertained. That way, President Nelson could do the ordinances for his larger-brained Cro-Magnon neighbors and the more powerful Neanderthals existing across the ethereal street.

*** Even President Oaks could not reasonably advance the argument that the Australopithecines were gay as a means of discrimination.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Fri May 03, 2024 6:55 am

For and in behalf of Ugh Ugh, who is dead...

The temple work for all my ancestry has already been done back to Swanscombe Man.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed May 08, 2024 8:27 am

Having a General Conference talk on Our Dear Pre-Adamite Brothers and Sisters would be wonderful. After all, they were around for many millennia before the Mormon Adamites appeared in Missouri. They were able to help instruct the Adamites in clothing construction, food gathering, shelter making, and the use of fire in cooking and dancing around the campfire. They never could disabuse the Mormons about popcorn popping on an apricot tree.

Pre-Adamites have been especially blessed in that they and their world completely escaped the great flood. They were able to once again share their culture when the Adamites disembarked their Ark on the Great Salt Lake.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed May 08, 2024 2:40 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:27 am
Having a General Conference talk on Our Dear Pre-Adamite Brothers and Sisters would be wonderful. After all, they were around for many millennia before the Mormon Adamites appeared in Missouri. They were able to help instruct the Adamites in clothing construction, food gathering, shelter making, and the use of fire in cooking and dancing around the campfire. They never could disabuse the Mormons about popcorn popping on an apricot tree.

Pre-Adamites have been especially blessed in that they and their world completely escaped the great flood. They were able to once again share their culture when the Adamites disembarked their Ark on the Great Salt Lake.
I’m curious if when temple covenants are done in proxy for pre-adamite humans including Neanderthals, will they be required take on the responsibility of wearing the garment of the holy priesthood since they predate the garment and the priesthood?
~2bizE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri May 10, 2024 10:22 am

The easy answer is that the Official Children of God™ line began with Adam and Eve 6000 years ago. All of those other beings are part of the big mystery of God that we won't learn about in this life. I'm gonna say the eventual answer, if they were forced to come up with one, would be something like:

1) Those "people" were born to lesser wives of Elohim who were not as noble as our Heavenly Mother, and so are outside of our plan of salvation.

2) Their remains and technologies appear very human-like, but they don't really have a human soul and will fall under the blanket of the animal kingdom eternal reward system.

3) Addendum to #2: They were placed on earth as a sort of litmus test for when the earth was ready for the actual Children of God

4) Those "people" are actually part of the top-secret multiple probations plan. As they are, we once were (on another planet). As we are, they will become.

5) Shut up!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri May 10, 2024 12:35 pm

With powerful forearms, Neanderthal Elders can be very helpful in quelling any future Heaven Insurrections when...

Except for Joseph Smith, Dr. Daniel Peterson, and Russell M. Nelson, DNA will show that all others are descended from Pre-Adamites. Chad Daybell, Lori Vallow, Ruby Franke, and Jodi Hildebrant are probably 90% pure Mormon Adamites.
Last edited by moksha on Sun May 12, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 12, 2024 6:15 am

moksha wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:35 pm
With powerful forearms, Neanderthal Elders can be very helpful in quelling any future Heaven Insurrections when Trump's base starts goosestepping around demanding that Trump be put in charge.
Let's try to limit political commentary to the Coffee Shop ;).
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."