magic world view

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
mooseman

magic world view

Post by mooseman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:13 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1689128728078196/

Stuff like this is why we can't have nice things, like the idea of progress in the church. After all, stones can see and crystals can heal!
It's frustrating to see the last resort in a discussion of facts be: I disregard those facts because of my faith. Why even talk about facts if the last resort is to put faith above all facts that are contrary to your faith?

2bizE

Re: magic world view

Post by 2bizE » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:59 pm

This appears to be a closed group and I don't have access unless I join.
~2bizE

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 am

2bizE wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:59 pm
This appears to be a closed group and I don't have access unless I join.
I could not get in either, but I was half expecting to see a family member or two in the list of group members.

mooseman

Post by mooseman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:13 am

sorry, they must have closed ranks.

Basically, it's a bunch of TBM's talking about how crystals+priesthood heal everything. I remember a thread a while back asking if magic was apart of the gospel now, and these members clearly think so
It's frustrating to see the last resort in a discussion of facts be: I disregard those facts because of my faith. Why even talk about facts if the last resort is to put faith above all facts that are contrary to your faith?