New Apologetic on Golden Plates Size

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

New Apologetic on Golden Plates Size

Post by moksha » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:04 pm

The apologetic position of the plates being no larger than a mini-Secure Digital card that plugged into the seer stone. The gold nano-circuitry held all pertinent data related to the Jewish Exodus to America and this diaspora's destruction by rampaging Indians on the warpath.

This should hold off those naysayers who complain about the weight of the gold or not having it present during the actual writing of the Book of Mormon. It was small, light-weight, and plugged into the seer stone. It was there if you examined the side of the stone.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Re: New Apologetic on Golden Plates Size

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm

The sounds right.

The picture in the Ensign must have been from the front side then. In fact, that makes more sense and we must conclude there was also a functioning GPS that guided Moroni over the Bering Land Straight as he trudged from the Middle East to Upstate New York via South America.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:42 pm

This is as good of an apologetic explanation as anything else that has come up. It is, of course, moving the goal posts. But the church is moving into more "revelation" and "inspired translation" while carefully moving away from "historicity" even if it is the attitude on the ground with your average member.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Moksha....dont give Michael Ash any ideas man. :roll: cause this stuff is gold if your a meridian magazine contributor.

Mormon apologetics has it pretty good. Think about it. Mormons already believe crazy sh%/.

The apologist only has to come up with something equally crazy or similarly crazy. Thus testimonies remain in tact regarding crazy.

I have experienced this first hand with a tbm relative regarding the DNA issues.

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:05 am

20/20hind wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 pm
The apologist only has to come up with something equally crazy or similarly crazy. Thus testimonies remain in tact regarding crazy.

I have experienced this first hand with a tbm relative regarding the DNA issues.
That would be an interesting read, if you care to share. The DNA issue is what started my journey down the rabbit hole.

Frankly, I seriously consider the Mopologist to be a particularly low form of earth life. It's one thing to delude yourself, but to delude others, and in the case of Peterson at least, to insult and demonize those that won't live the lie with you, is especially pernicious. Bottom line is it just goes back to the anonymous quote in my sig line.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:12 am

Vlad here is a link to Michael ash's meridian article and 3 geneticists reaction to it. In my opinion Michael made an ash of himself. :D

http://www.mormonstories.org/three-gene ... chael-ash/

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:19 pm

20/20hind wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:12 am
Vlad here is a link to Michael ash's meridian article and 3 geneticists reaction to it. In my opinion Michael made an ash of himself. :D

http://www.mormonstories.org/three-gene ... chael-ash/
Thanks 20/20.

Did you happen to read the comments? Gawd that is a tough read!!

First there is ASSh suggesting that even though he isn't a geneticist or even a scientist, he should be believed and the geneticists and scientists should not. Then some nutjob named Ed that not only knows the church is true because God told him so, but he also knows that others that get different answers from God are just being led on a different path, yet with the same end goal - to someday be Mormon when they're ready. Oh, and if you don't have a testimony like his, it's because you're lazy and too impatient.

Just pisses me off that my freakin' TBM DW keeps me in their insane loop. Were it not for her I could just call crazy crazy and never give it another effing moments notice!!!

Okay, rant over.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:44 am

Maybe the plates were some form of microfilm/microfiche. That way you could have all the info for the Book of Lehi, BOM, and the sealed portion within just a half dozen small plates that JSj could easily slip in a jacket pocket. These would have been small, rather light, and easy to carry, hide and run with. Additionally, the Seer stone was a combo translator and magnifying glass. The reason you never see the plates when they were translating is that they were in the hat to be viewed though the seer stone. So we see the bringing forth of the gospel and the start of 20th century archival technology all in one go. Truly the lord works in mysterious yet wonderful ways...

It has much fewer question marks for plausibility than the current story has.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams