Phoenix NOMs

Announcements of real world meet ups with fellow NOMs, events such as Sunstone or other conferences, and any other bulletin board like notices.
Corsair

Phoenix NOMs

Post by Corsair » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:48 pm

We are starting up some lunches for Phoenix NOM folk! We are starting on Monday, November 7 when Deepthinker will be in town again. This is on the west side of Phoenix

Date: Monday, November 7
Time: 11:30 am
Address: 8706 W. Thunderbird Rd., Peoria, AZ 85381

This is on the north east corner at the exit of the 101 freeway on Thunderbird.

Deepthinker

Re: Phoenix NOMs

Post by Deepthinker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:24 pm

I had no idea you bought me a ticket to Phoenix, Corsair. ;)

Seriously, I would love to be there next week, but I'm sure you meant to say someone else that would be in town.

beetbox

Post by beetbox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:39 am

Uncorrelated will be our featured guest this week. I think. I'm having a hard time remembering who is who, especially with the migration to the new site. 8-)

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:18 am

Deepthinker wrote:I had no idea you bought me a ticket to Phoenix, Corsair. ;)

Seriously, I would love to be there next week, but I'm sure you meant to say someone else that would be in town.
Excellent point. I'm sure that you were more surprised than anyone else about this impending trip to the Phoenix area. Deepthinker, if we ever do meet for lunch, I'm buying!

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Corsair wrote:
Deepthinker wrote:I had no idea you bought me a ticket to Phoenix, Corsair. ;)

Excellent point. I'm sure that you were more surprised than anyone else about this impending trip to the Phoenix area. Deepthinker, if we ever do meet for lunch, I'm buying!
I will hold you to that! :D

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:29 pm

I am moved by the spirit to organize another lunch for Phoenix NOMs. Would Friday, December 2 work for the usual crowd? Next week will work for me also.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Is anyone up for lunch at Famous Daves in Mesa on Friday (Dec 2)?

Date: Friday, December 2
Time: 11:30 AM

This is on Dobson Rd just south of the 202 in the Mesa Riverview shopping area.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:19 pm

Aw shucks... I would love to but not this time. I also love Daves.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:38 pm

I am looking forward to lunch on Wednesday, December 7 and hope some other Phoenix NOMs can join me.

Date: Wednesday, December 7

This is on Dobson Rd just south of the 202 in the Mesa Riverview shopping area. In particular, I want to figure out an evening in the next three weeks for a movie night. I would love to go see "Passengers" or "Office Christmas Party" and we should align our calendars with this.

Stig

Post by Stig » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 am

Corsair wrote:I am looking forward to lunch on Wednesday, December 7 and hope some other Phoenix NOMs can join me.

Date: Wednesday, December 7

This is on Dobson Rd just south of the 202 in the Mesa Riverview shopping area. In particular, I want to figure out an evening in the next three weeks for a movie night. I would love to go see "Passengers" or "Office Christmas Party" and we should align our calendars with this.
I'm afraid I'm going to miss this one...I'll be out of town for work.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:50 pm

One way or another - I'm gonna "party" this upcoming weekend. Any and all are invited.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm

In preparation for the holidays, I am looking forward to lunch on Wednesday, December 21 and hope some other Phoenix NOMs can join me.

Address: 7501 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale
Date: Wednesday, December 21

This is on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd just east of Scottsdale road and is most easily reached by the Bell Road exit from the 202.

telemoonka

Post by telemoonka » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:29 pm

I would like to be considered a Phoenix NOM, because I'm a NOM and I live in... well... the southeast metro area and I work in Mesa and maybe someday it'd be nice to meet you. Or maybe you guys are a bunch of jerks in real life. Ha ha ha. It's kind of easy to be nice online.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:25 am

telemoonka wrote:I would like to be considered a Phoenix NOM, because I'm a NOM and I live in... well... the southeast metro area and I work in Mesa and maybe someday it'd be nice to meet you. Or maybe you guys are a bunch of jerks in real life. Ha ha ha. It's kind of easy to be nice online.
Speaking for myself - probably.
Speaking for the other PHX NOM's - probably not.

What do we do at lunch?
Speak evil of the Lard's anointed, enjoy lots of loud laughter, commiserate.
Someone might be naughty (usually Korihor) and comes tweaked out on a cup of starbuck's pumpkin spice Venti. Once someone was extra naughty (again, Korihor) and ordered a beer at lunch.
Occasionally, we still look over our shoulders to see if any COB spies are following us.
A bit more loud laughter followed by the analysis of who has the craziest BP/Ward/etc.
Once we ponderized how to get a rainbow flag on a certain large white edifice - we thought it would enhance the open house attendance.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Korihor wrote:
telemoonka wrote:I would like to be considered a Phoenix NOM, because I'm a NOM and I live in... well... the southeast metro area and I work in Mesa and maybe someday it'd be nice to meet you. Or maybe you guys are a bunch of jerks in real life. Ha ha ha. It's kind of easy to be nice online.
Once someone was extra naughty (again, Korihor) and ordered a beer at lunch.
I seem to remember this particular lunch and I thought you said it was Iced Tea.

Emower

Post by Emower » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Well I think I am moving to Phoenix. I'm looking forward to possibly meeting you folks. I didn't know that the rental market is so expensive over there! I have only ever lived in backwater places so this is going to be an adjustment.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Emower wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 pm
Well I think I am moving to Phoenix. I'm looking forward to possibly meeting you folks. I didn't know that the rental market is so expensive over there! I have only ever lived in backwater places so this is going to be an adjustment.

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:55 pm

We need to do another get together. I need to have lunch with you guys, especially after last night.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:35 pm

azflyer wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:55 pm
We need to do another get together. I need to have lunch with you guys, especially after last night.
The next one is Wednesday, Feb 1 at 11:30 at Famous Dave's at 1101 N Dobson. We may have an exJW joining us.

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Corsair wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:35 pm
azflyer wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:55 pm
The next one is Wednesday, Feb 1 at 11:30 at Famous Dave's at 1101 N Dobson. We may have an exJW joining us.
I'll make every effort to be there. We have a new schedule at work which is making it a little difficult to get away.