korihor / azflyer family get together

Announcements of real world meet ups with fellow NOMs, events such as Sunstone or other conferences, and any other bulletin board like notices.
azflyer

korihor / azflyer family get together

Post by azflyer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:34 pm

The Korihor and AZflyer families had a nice get together tonight. We don't exactly live that close together, but the Korihor family was close by, so they came over to visit. We had pizza and subs and let the kids run around the park.

In the AZflyer family, we haven't really talked much with our kids about what is going on with my wife and me with respect to church. They just know that mommy doesn't come as much anymore, and daddy takes them to church, but isn't super spiritual. Well, we were running some errands as a family earlier in the day, when we told the kids that we were going to have a some people come over at dinner time. Our oldest daughter (13 years old), immediately asked, "So, how do you know them?" We just ignored her and didn't answer the question.

In the end, it seemed best to just be honest with all of the kids. While driving home, I told them "You kids know mommy doesn't really like coming to church that much any more. We're having some friends come over that aren't sure they want to go to church anymore also." It didn't even phase them. Within seconds they all went back to fighting with each other like they normally do.

Anyway, it was a pretty cool night! Special thanks to the Korihor family for coming down to visit. It was quite the treck, and we had a great time visiting with them!

MalcolmVillager

Re: korihor / azflyer family get together

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:46 am

Very cool that you guys got together. The kids make going to church so necessary and complicated at the same time.

Korihor

Re: korihor / azflyer family get together

Post by Korihor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:05 am

Reading can severely damage your ignorance.