Bear Lake ID

Announcements of real world meet ups with fellow NOMs, events such as Sunstone or other conferences, and any other bulletin board like notices.
Cnsl1

Bear Lake ID

Post by Cnsl1 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:22 am

Headed to bear lake next week. I have a memory that there are some NOMs who live or vacation there regularly.

Anyone want to meet up and say hello, or have advice on where to go? I've been there before but do not live in UT or ID.

I've heard the lake is still frigid right now.

DPRoberts

Re: Bear Lake ID

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:01 am

You should probably PM alas. She spends Summers in that area IIRC. This part of the board gets used infrequently so probably won't be seen by many.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

alas

Post by alas » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:21 pm

Lake is cold, weather is crummy, thunderstorms every afternoon. Our visitors left because it was just too cold. And now we are headed out for a family vacation, so I would love to have a get together here, but I am gone for the next three weeks. The other local resident sold his home, so I don’t know of anyone else in the area.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:29 am

We prefer the north end beach, morning to 2pm is best, then it usually gets breezy. We are planning some days up there in September. There's boat and jet ski rentals not too far away. We also like visiting Paris Idaho (antique store there, ice cave up Paris Canyon). Glacier lake and rope swing up Bloomington Canyon, Minnetonka cave up in the mountains above St. Charles. Lots of ATV trails up in those canyons east of the lake.

https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/facility/10087702
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE