SLC Gay Pride Bashing

Discussions about any topic not related to Mormonism or faith transition
AllieOop

Re: SLC Gay Pride Bashing

Post by AllieOop » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Blashyrkh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 am
Let me clarify my position here. I love my daughter and have always supported her. Goodness, I spent nearly 40k for her college not to mention buying her a car to drive. I like her girlfriend. I like her girlfriend more than my step-daughter😜. When my wife and I declined to attend the "pride" festival my SD became fascist towards us. She changed the screensaver on our home computer (she doesnt even live with us) to a gay themed screen. She bought soap that said "its ok to be gay" and put it in all of our bathrooms and even put a rainbow pride sticker on my trucks bumper. Thats where I have a problem. She demands that we accept her and tolerate how she lives yet she refuses to tolerate our personal beliefs on the subject. What I cannot tolerate is the militant homosexual stance. I dont force nor demand anyone to accept of follow my morals and neither should they.
This sounds like more of a respect issue or relationship issue than anything to do with her being gay. Seems she is just using it to send a message.
What she did was disrespectful and that’s what I’d discuss with her. Let her know you have no problem with her being gay or bi, and just want her to be happy. BUT you do have a problem with the over-stepping and personal invasion in your home.
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

moksha

Re: SLC Gay Pride Bashing

Post by moksha » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Blashyrkh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 am
She even put a rainbow pride sticker on my trucks bumper.
She subjected your truck to possible scorn, ridicule, and rejection in your ward parking lot!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha