Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
hmb

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:59 pm
Something about a melting pot, things start blending together and looking the same. I always thought that wasn't the right metaphor. I think I'd like our country to be more of a tossed salad. And to be the best salad, we need all the ingredients to be what they are.

Let's not put it in the blender like my grandfather did. Drinking your meals isn't that much fun.
Sometimes drinking a meal is delightful (not sparingly, but within reason ;) ).

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:50 pm

My grandfather did plenty of that as well.

Let's just not drink our meals from the blender, gramps, unless it's mostly tequila and rhymes with fargaritta.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 am

Elves vs Reindeer, soon it will be a Santa red wave... the likes of which you've never seen. Those boys and girls who have been conspiring against Santa and giving FAKE NEWS will soon learn the wrath of SANTA!!!

Let's not put it in the blender like my grandfather did. Drinking your meals isn't that much fun.
I think it was Jack LaLanne who started that so-called "Juicer" movement and look at all that had led to: Mueslix and avocado toast!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:46 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 am
Elves vs Reindeer, soon it will be a Santa red wave... the likes of which you've never seen. Those boys and girls who have been conspiring against Santa and giving FAKE NEWS will soon learn the wrath of SANTA!!!
At first I confusingly read this as Elvis vs Reindeer.

Yeah yeah...Santa the big victim.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 am

That hub chart presented in this video is such a great tool for understanding the scope of this criminal enterprise.

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:55 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 am
That hub chart presented in this video is such a great tool for understanding the scope of this criminal enterprise.

One of the great "untruths" is the Us vs. Them games. What you have here is a willingness to believe anything about the people you hate.

I was an independent up until after Trump won. Researching the Democratic party left me stunned. I don't think bad things of Democrats. I believe they are good-hearted people. They believe they are right.

But the democratic party was the party of slavery. It sponsored the Trail of Tears and created Planned Parenthood, intending to abort children and sterilize mothers of races they found inferior. They created the KKK and killed a black man on live TV.

That event shocked the nation, and membership of the KKK went from 4.2M to about 100K. The Dixiecrats, a group of hardcore Democrats, realized they had messed up. They pretended to switch parties and join the Republicans. But they didn't. Only one Dixiecrats, Sturm Thurman, switched. People like Lyndon Johnson and Robert Byrd stayed with the party.

The Democrats then realized that they would never have the popular vote in the south. So they began being extra nice to the black people and promoted the idea that the Republicans hated them. So they switched from Republican to Democrat.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that they are bad, or even that I am good. But somehow the party the fought for racial equality ended up being the bad guys. We need to love our country and our fellow citizens. If you hate anyone of your fellow citizens, maybe you need to check yourself.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:38 am

Trump calling to terminate the US Constitution seems indicative of a smelly turd, that internet conservatives will embrace and defend.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/03/politics ... index.html
-- Moksha

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:56 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:38 am
Trump calling to terminate the US Constitution seems indicative of a smelly turd, that internet conservatives will embrace and defend.

This cult is so deep. He literally can say or do anything and people will follow him. He was right about himself. He could shoot someone in broad daylight and people would still follow him. There is no bottom which is scary.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:22 pm

moksha wrote:

Literally every article for 9+ Google pisces was the same (AP) article. I had to specifically search for a non-left leaning perspective.

Trump can be a dick. But he doesn't get away with anything. Every Trumper I know is a constitutionalist. The constitution is everything to us. If he doesn't walk that way back he is done.

But again, regardless of what your fellow citizens think, it's part of reality. I'm not here making peace with you guys because I agree with you. Your thinking is important to me.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:23 pm

stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:56 am
moksha wrote:

This cult is so deep. He literally can say or do anything and people will follow him. He was right about himself. He could shoot someone in broad daylight and people would still follow him. There is no bottom which is scary.
That is kind of judgy. There is nothing wrong with being in a cult.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:01 pm

The dominoes are beginning to fall:
Donald J. Trump’s family real estate business was convicted on Tuesday of tax fraud and other financial crimes, a remarkable rebuke of the former president’s company and what prosecutors described as its “culture of fraud and deception.”
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:43 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:23 pm
stealthbishop wrote:
moksha wrote:

Yup, it is judgy and with good reason. Nothing wrong with being in a cult?

I suppose the grain of truth in that rather extreme statement is that I guess it depends on the degree of unhealthiness. There is CULT and culty. In the case of the CULT of Trump, if more and more Republican Senators are even abandoning him then this to me is a barometer of sorts as to the degree of unhealthiness.

At any rate, it will be interesting to watch the Republican party implode in the internal battle between rational constitutional Republicans and the cultists.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:44 am

stealthbishop wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:43 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:23 pm
stealthbishop wrote:

Yup, it is judgy and with good reason. Nothing wrong with being in a cult?

I suppose the grain of truth in that rather extreme statement is that I guess it depends on the degree of unhealthiness. There is CULT and culty. In the case of the CULT of Trump, if more and more Republican Senators are even abandoning him then this to me is a barometer of sorts as to the degree of unhealthiness.

At any rate, it will be interesting to watch the Republican party implode in the internal battle between rational constitutional Republicans and the cultists.
I'm not watching. Everyone one is confused about who is who. Lot of blame and finger pointing going on. My job is to know where I stand. And I think it that way with many cultists. But I dig deep to fund common ground. You just want to be able to say, "I told you so" if things go to hell.

I've always known the parties couldn't define me. The effort to smear and defame Trump is a pointer to their biggest threat.

Trump threatens the corruption and both sides are freaking out.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:08 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:44 am
They can only dream of rising to Trump's level of corruptness. But let's not look at that, let's focus all of our attention on what really matters: the dick pics on Hunter Biden's laptop.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:25 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:08 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:44 am
They can only dream of rising to Trump's level of corruptness. But let's not look at that, let's focus all of our attention on what really matters: the dick pics on Hunter Biden's laptop.
You shouldn't believe everything you watch on TV.

Trump was the American dream until he decided to run for president. The things that they brought up as points of corruption were so ridiculous I'm still shocked. And no one gives a shit about the dick pics on Hunter's laptop. It is the stuff about the big guy.

Back in 2006 I happen to be down in Washington DC. Due to a comedy of errors I ended up on the Club house floor of the Ritz-Carlton.

There I saw Joe Biden engaged in business that I called my wife and was laughing at how I was watching the corruption of Washington DC at play.

Whereas I have a personal experience of watching Joe Biden engaged in corruption, no one has been able to prove that Trump has done anything. It's all accusations and smoke and mirrors.

Not that I really care because Joe Biden really hasn't moved me one way or another. I expect my politicians to lie. But it is my fellow Americans that believe the lies that concerns me.

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:20 pm

No one out corrupts Trump. The best and most exquisite corruption anywhere. Corruption the likes of which Bernie Madoff has never seen.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:20 pm
No one out corrupts Trump. The best and most exquisite corruption anywhere. Corruption the likes of which Bernie Madoff has never seen.
Polished and eloquent accusations with no substance. With dozens of networks accusing Trump and digging up the dirt and hundreds of independent channels parroting the narrative, no one has proven he is corrupt. Two impeachments proved nothing. You come in and sing the "corruption song" as it is somehow fact. But it's not. Tonight, the story is that "classified items were found in Trump's storage unit."

Even though presidents usually retain their security clearance, the media is trying to make it sound like he isn't allowed to have classified material. But do we have any other example of a president being treated like a criminal? Nope, just Trump, the man that defeated Hillary and the Democratic party when they didn't want to lose.

All you spend is hate for Trump. No wisdom, no usable information, no clarity. You are not willing to be wrong or corrected, or even kind.

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 pm

You're spare parts aren't ya, bud.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:47 pm

At times like this, I remember the pretext we were told in school for the electoral college: that the moderating influence of the élite would keep stupid demagogues out of power, and in that connection, how the electoral college in 2016 overrode the will of the people and installed a stupid demagogue instead.

One is tempted to guess that the real reason was to solidify the élite's own power and exaggerate the electorate of slave states...
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 pm

LSOF wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:47 pm
At times like this, I remember the pretext we were told in school for the electoral college: that the moderating influence of the élite would keep stupid demagogues out of power, and in that connection, how the electoral college in 2016 overrode the will of the people and installed a stupid demagogue instead.

One is tempted to guess that the real reason was to solidify the élite's own power and exaggerate the electorate of slave states...
You really can't believe that more than half the nation thought he was a great president.

You are the one in denial.