The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Dirty Bird
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Dirty Bird » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:04 am

The amount of carbon dioxide produced by humans accounts for only 3% of the total amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which is 0.04% of the atmosphere across the entire earth. In the year 2023, this will translate to an average of approximately 400 ppm. Plants start to perish at roughly 180 ppm when the level of carbon dioxide is at or below 150 ppm, because at that time they are unable to use sunshine to photosynthesise food from carbon dioxide and water when the level of carbon dioxide is at or below 150 ppm.

The most recent ice age was followed by a rebound in carbon dioxide levels to 280 ppm, which is still a significant distance below the level at which plant life began to colonize the continent. As a result of humans using fossil fuels, there has been an increase in the amount of carbon dioxide, which is a plant's preferred source of nutrition, and this has contributed to the development of plants. Because to increases in carbon dioxide levels, agricultural production per unit of area under cultivation for C3 crops like rice and wheat as well as evergreen trees has increased by 70 percent. 28 percentage points for C4 grains like maize and other types of grasses. 62 percent for legumes. 67% of the total for tuber crops.

Facts are always fun! The next time you go to the grocery store and buy tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, spinach herbs, strawberries, and many other vegetables, you are buying plant's that grew in an industrial greenhouse that artificially elevates its carbon dioxide level to roughly 1000 ppm in order to help plants develop. This is done in order to promote healthy plant growth. Just give that some thought for a second!

The world is in a greener state today compared to how it was 20 years ago. This is a positive development in light of the expanding human population.

Okay, what I've laid out in the previous paragraphs are facts that are so elementary that anyone can look them up on their own without the assistance of a scientist of any kind. You can go to the store and buy a tomato that was grown in a greenhouse with high levels of carbon dioxide. You can consume wheat and rice that has been improved by higher amounts of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Images taken fifty years ago provide for a visual comparison of how much the planet has greened up since then. You may prove to yourself that you will not pass away even if the CO2 levels inside your home reach 800 parts per million while the levels outside only reach 400 parts per million. You can accomplish this by purchasing a CO2 meter and comparing the levels outside to those inside your home.

But as you can see, none of this is relevant today since straightforward facts have been supplanted by the dogma of a worldwide religion that is known as climate change. The religion of climate change is here to stay and the prophets of this worldwide religion believe the world is in the latter days ! It will finally eradicate all other religions and ideologies from the face of the earth by preaching that the world is going to end as we know it, just like Mormonism does. Within the next century, every person on earth will be indoctrinated as a member of the climate religion and get their baptism. Everything that our great great grandkids do will be evaluated with regard to whether or not it contributes to the improvement of the environment. They will offer homage to the weather, and those who lead the climate religion will be revered as if they were prophets sent from the climate God, just like the brethern are revered in Mormonism. If the prophets of climate change tell the members that they need to donate fifty percent of their salaries to the cause, the members will comply and rejoice while doing so because the climate prophets know best, just like the Mormon prophets know best.

In the end, all of this bullxxxx about climate change revolves around a single straightforward objective. Depopulating the earth. They plan to indoctrinate people around the world with a universal religion in order to frighten people into not having children. This is the world that we are going to leave behind for our grandchildren. It's a 1000xs more cultish when compared to Mormonism.

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:57 am

Dirty Bird wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:04 am
In the end, all of this bullxxxx about climate change revolves around a single straightforward objective. Depopulating the earth. They plan to indoctrinate people around the world with a universal religion in order to frighten people into not having children. This is the world that we are going to leave behind for our grandchildren. It's a 1000xs more cultish when compared to Mormonism.
Even if that were true, it would still be a better world that what we will be leaving our grandchildren by overpopulating. Not everything is an evil religious agenda.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

dogbite
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: SLC

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by dogbite » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Are you saying there is a proper number of humans higher or lower?

Are you saying that individual humans have a responsibility to reproduce?

Is there a problem or benefit with more or fewer humans you want to achieve or avoid?

Even with China explicitly trying to counter your premise, its' population is trending to not marrying or having kids. The people don't see the benefit or ever see having the financial ability to do so.

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:13 pm

dogbite wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:24 pm
Are you saying there is a proper number of humans higher or lower?

Are you saying that individual humans have a responsibility to reproduce?

Is there a problem or benefit with more or fewer humans you want to achieve or avoid?

Even with China explicitly trying to counter your premise, its' population is trending to not marrying or having kids. The people don't see the benefit or ever see having the financial ability to do so.
ooofa. Yowza.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:06 pm

Fortunately only 99%+ of scientists in the world believe climate change is real. So hell yeah, I'm going with the <1%! All the rest have bought into the conspiracy because, I can only assume, they are evil and want to cause as much harm to their grandchildren as possible.

Who cares what upper atmosphere stable carbon isotope signatures say.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Dirty Bird
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Dirty Bird » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:13 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:06 pm
Fortunately only 99%+ of scientists in the world believe climate change is real. So hell yeah, I'm going with the <1%! All the rest have bought into the conspiracy because, I can only assume, they are evil and want to cause as much harm to their grandchildren as possible.

Who cares what upper atmosphere stable carbon isotope signatures say.
What terrifies me is when people believe inane claims like "97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and man made" without questioning whether or not the assertions are true. This is a statement that can be seen on Barack Obama's website, and immediately following it is another statement that reads, "Find the deniers near you and call them out today."

The fact that 97% of scientists believe in something is certainly quite reassuring to you after reading the statement that was just presented. Why is that? But in my opinion, it is revolting because I can deduce what the majority of people in the room are thinking from a mile away. Hagoth, this is actually quite adaptable and uncomplicated. The age of the earth is estimated to be 4.5 billion years. Since approximately 150 years ago, we have started keeping records of the climate. 150 years, Hagoth, that's nothing compared to 4.5 billion. If President Obama and Al Gore were truly worried about the environment, they wouldn't actually want 97% of climate experts to reach the same conclusion. They would put out a call to a specific proportion of climate scientists, requesting that they take on the responsibility of proving the consensus view wrong. When it comes to the topic of climate change, an opposing viewpoint is more important than it has ever been before if life as we know it is truly going to come to an end. Take a look at the myriad of religions practiced in different parts of the world to see how deeply ingrained the human tendency to conform and seek solace in the company of others is. You are now a part of the majority that finds comfort in group think. That happened to me in Mormonism.

If climate change were really going to be a catastrophic occurrence in the not too distant future, then we ought to want something like 75% of l scientists doing research in favor of it and 25% of scientists doing research against it, and we want to let all sides give their facts so that we can make an informed decision. However, you should be aware that this is not the case. People who think the same way as you are allowing themselves to be guided by influential people who preach that the world is about to change forever because of climate change, while at the same time these influential people own homes worth multiple millions of dollars and fly around the world in private jets that emit more CO2 than a small American city. Are you not of the opinion that if politicians like Obama and Gore were truly concerned about climate change, they would only own one home, have one energy bill, one water bill, and one sewer bill, and fertilize only one grass that was well manicured?

In spite of the fact that you are being duped by a group of liberals who are responsible for more carbon emissions than your whole household combined, you continue to trust every word that comes from their mouths?

Again, I want to ask you, does that 99% number reassure you, does it allow your brain to rest, and does it make it possible for you to stop thinking about what the future holds for humanity, regardless of whether the outcome will be positive or damaging to humanity? If this is the case, then you have been led to believe precisely what it is that they want you to think. The Mormon goal is also advanced by the brethren's concerted efforts to present a unified front. In your lifetime, you should make it a point to avoid falling for the same con twice.

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:44 am

Dirty Bird wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:04 am
In the end, all of this bullxxxx about climate change revolves around a single straightforward objective. Depopulating the earth. They plan to indoctrinate people around the world with a universal religion in order to frighten people into not having children. This is the world that we are going to leave behind for our grandchildren. It's a 1000xs more cultish when compared to Mormonism.
In a way, I hope you're right. I really wish someone had their sh*t together enough to formulate a big plan that would put population growth back on track. I would like to think the human race can exist long into the future, rather than eating ourselves alive (and our resources) like we're doing now. The problems I see are greed and the lack of foresight. The common sentiment seems to be more like, sure, we might be headed for horrible chaos a few generations down the line, but I can't let that affect my bottom line. There are shareholders who need to be made happy.

The scary future I worry about is a depleted and increasingly unlivable planet packed to the gills with people trying to survive. The scary future you seem to be worried about is a greener planet with fewer people to share the resources. I like your prediction better!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Dirty Bird
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Dirty Bird » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:32 am

Hagoth
The scary future I worry about is a depleted and increasingly unlivable planet packed to the gills with people trying to survive. The scary future you seem to be worried about is a greener planet with fewer people to share the resources. I like your prediction better!




You make me think of Paul R. Ehrlich, who wrote the book "The Population Bomb," when I read your post. Back in the 1960s, he made the prognostication that by the 1970s, there would be widespread hunger. In addition to this, he was of the opinion that an increase in the world's population along with an accompanying rise in consumption would eventually result in the destruction of the environment, the depletion of natural resources, severe food shortages, and widespread hunger. It would be necessary to implement population control measures, in addition to imposing consumption caps on wealthy nations, in order to avert a disaster. He's a modern day liberal prophet that gets everything he predicts completely wrong!

As you can see, liberals educated at the nation's most prestigious colleges and universities have been forecasting the end of the world for a very long time. Even though Ehrlich's forecasts have been shown to be comically inaccurate, leftists continue to use him as a modern day prophet in interviews in an effort to frighten people into believing that the end of the world is coming sooner rather than later.

Now, instead of population increase being the primary reason we are all going to die, socialists are attempting to convince everyone that we are going to die as a result of climate change due to cow farts. This is the socialists' new line of argument.

Permit me to pose a question to you, Hagoth. If you are so concerned about population growth, why don't you pay for an entire village in a small African community to be sterilized? Or perhaps you should pay for a group of rednecks living in a small West Virginia holler to be sterilized so that you can do your bit in saving the earth. It seems as like liberals are always waiting around for the government to grant them permission to implement the social change that they want to use to enslave the globe, and that is the one thing that I will never be able to understand about liberals. There is nothing stopping you, Hagoth, from paying double the amount of taxes to Biden if you want the government to have more money to battle climate change. However, there is a good probability that your money will end up subsidizing the two wars that Biden has gotten us into. You could always get rid of your automobile and start walking wherever you go if you're concerned about the health of the environment. You might remove the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system from your home and recreate the atmosphere of the early 19th century, that way you're contributing to the health of the environment. Will you be eating a turkey today that was raised on a farm that was operated for commercial purposes? I'm willing to wager that you are, which means that you are contributing to the change in climate. When you sit down to Thanksgiving meal later on today, will the lights be on? If this is the case, then you are helping to bring about the same disaster that you foresee as being the cause of our collective destruction. I beg of you to practice what you preach and not eat any meat or veggies today so you can do your part in saving the environment.

Do you understand that as a result of human creativity, there are fewer people dying from starvation today even though there are 7.4 billion people on the globe compared to 100 years ago when there were only 2 billion people? The issue is not that we have an abundance of food; rather, we do not know how to effectively distribute it to those who are in need of it.

But fine, if you want to keep living in a doomsday mindset be my guest, you'll fit in beautifully with all of the Mormons at the Thanksgiving table. I say this with complete seriousness, kinda.

User avatar
Just This Guy
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: Almost Heaven

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:56 am

One thing to keep in mind is that globally birth rates are declining. The UN is guessing that total population will plateau mid to late this century. Overall population growth is projected to peak around 9.7 B. And it will likely start declining early in the early 2100's.

https://www.un.org/en/academic-impact/9 ... ion-report
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... e-century/
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Cnsl1
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Cnsl1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Wait, we can pay to sterilize rednecks in West Virginia? Is there a go fund me for that?

I don't think we'd have a shortage of people lining up to help, but the rednecks in West Virginia might have something to say about that.

I don't think you'd want to threaten to sterilize the hillbillies, though. I saw Ozark. Those hillbillies are mean f#@%ers.

User avatar
Just This Guy
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: Almost Heaven

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:48 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm
Wait, we can pay to sterilize rednecks in West Virginia? Is there a go fund me for that?

I don't think we'd have a shortage of people lining up to help, but the rednecks in West Virginia might have something to say about that.

I don't think you'd want to threaten to sterilize the hillbillies, though. I saw Ozark. Those hillbillies are mean f#@%ers.
As a West Virginian, you could try, but do so at your own risk.

There is a story back that after the Sego Mine disaster, Westboro Baptist Church announced that they were going to protest the funeral of the miners killed as part of their anti-homosexual campaign. They were told by local law enforcement that, yes, they had the right to come in and protest. However, West Virginians are know to be serious hunters with skills at long distance shots. The law enforcement would do everything they could, but they could not guarantee their safety for such a protest. WBC elected not to conduct that protest.

Birth rates in WV have been declining for the last decade. So really, no need to force the issue and risk gervious bodily harm. Just let the current trends continue.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:50 am

Dirty Bird wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:32 am
Permit me to pose a question to you, Hagoth. If you are so concerned about population growth, why don't you pay for an entire village in a small African community to be sterilized? Or perhaps you should pay for a group of rednecks living in a small West Virginia holler to be sterilized so that you can do your bit in saving the earth.
Because I prefer education to fascism.

As a personal favor, Dirty Bird, I would like to ask you to stop projecting your fear and hatred of evil leftist boogymen on members of this forum. It's really not a good look.

Despite your fears of a less densely populated planet, it is very likely that the population will grow smaller one way or another, and hopefully will settle out at a level the is just below the planet's long term carrying capacity. Hopefully that capacity will be able to grow comfortably with new technology and information, and the population will track along with it. It's a lot like the financial economy; adjustments happen when things get too out of balance. They might come in the form of gradual change or global depression, but they're gonna happen. That's a necessary thing. Just as with the economy, my concern is not about the total number of people on the planet, its the amount of needless human suffering that we will have to endure to get there. It's also not just about how many people we can feed. We are in the midst of massive species extinction and we are rapidly depleting our mineral resources. Like I said, we cannot sustain endless population growth. We don't have to sterilize anybody. Nature will put itself in balance, and we may not like the way that happens. Maybe we should try to be participants rather than victims.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Dirty Bird
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Dirty Bird » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:42 am

Hagoth
As a personal favor, Dirty Bird, I would like to ask you to stop projecting your fear and hatred of evil leftist boogymen on members of this forum. It's really not a good look.


What's hilarious about this comment you made here, Hagoth, is that the exact same could be stated about your beliefs about Trump, his supporters, and how you perceive Mormons. You most definitely come across as having disgust and contempt for anyone who supports a conservative point of view. This is something that you should know.

The fact that you despise Trump, believe that those who support him are dumb, and consider Mormons to be deluded is evident. For the purpose of proving my thesis, should I upload some of your previous statements?

So, now that I'm presenting a more conservative viewpoint, why are you trying to suggest that I'm trying to project my viewpoints onto the people who are participating in this forum? Is a left-leaning opinion the only thing that might be considered a good look for this forum, in your opinion? You are aware that I requested permission to post more conservative threads, and I received a positive response to my request, right? Would it be possible that you are simply uneasy about the fact that someone is posting threads that are in direct opposition to the narrative that you are attempting to convey to the members of this forum?


So basically, you are asking me to be more like you, and less like me, so you're comfortable reading my threads?

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:47 am

Dirty Bird wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:42 am
So basically, you are asking me to be more like you, and less like me, so you're comfortable reading my threads?
No. I'm just challenging your conspiracy theory proposition, and wondering why you think a post-Mormon support group is the best platform to preach it.

You don't have to quote me back to myself. I genuinely believe that Donald Trump is a massive embarrassment to our nation and a dishonest, corrupt man who is wholly unsuited for the presidency of the United States. You immediately jump to the conclusion that since I don't like Trump I want to castrate poor people. And I'm not in love with Biden either. If they have done crimes. lock 'em up.

But I am a registered Republican. Even though I don't care much for the party right now. I would love nothing more than to see them return to being a respectably conservative party, because we need real checks and balances, rather than a showcase for wacky self promoters and wannabe reality TV stars.

But please, let's not get sidetracked by that. I want to address the original thesis of this thread. I will repeat it back to you and you tell me where I got it wrong.

There is an invisible evil cabal of nameless people that we will call "Leftists." They are constantly toiling behind the scenes to bring about great evils upon the world for some unknown reason. Presumably because they hate all things good and decent. They have convinced 90-plus percent of the world's climate scientists to lie about climate change (which, it turns out is really a good thing!). Why do they do this? Because for some mysterious reason they want to scare people into not having babies. Slowing population growth is evil; it's a kind of world that we don't want our grandchildren to live in.

Did I get it right?

I suppose you personally know some of these Leftists? You seem to have an inside track about what they're up to, so please give me contact information so I can talk them directly. I think it would be fascinating to chat with them about how they are accomplishing this unprecedented feat of global manipulation, and what their long term goals really are. I can neither join them nor fight them if they can't actually be located in space and time.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Dirty Bird
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Dirty Bird » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:16 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:47 am
Dirty Bird wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:42 am
So basically, you are asking me to be more like you, and less like me, so you're comfortable reading my threads?
No. I'm just challenging your conspiracy theory proposition, and wondering why you think a post-Mormon support group is the best platform to preach it.

You don't have to quote me back to myself. I genuinely believe that Donald Trump is a massive embarrassment to our nation and a dishonest, corrupt man who is wholly unsuited for the presidency of the United States. You immediately jump to the conclusion that since I don't like Trump I want to castrate poor people. And I'm not in love with Biden either. If they have done crimes. lock 'em up.

But I am a registered Republican. Even though I don't care much for the party right now. I would love nothing more than to see them return to being a respectably conservative party, because we need real checks and balances, rather than a showcase for wacky self promoters and wannabe reality TV stars.

But please, let's not get sidetracked by that. I want to address the original thesis of this thread. I will repeat it back to you and you tell me where I got it wrong.

There is an invisible evil cabal of nameless people that we will call "Leftists." They are constantly toiling behind the scenes to bring about great evils upon the world for some unknown reason. Presumably because they hate all things good and decent. They have convinced 90-plus percent of the world's climate scientists to lie about climate change (which, it turns out is really a good thing!). Why do they do this? Because for some mysterious reason they want to scare people into not having babies. Slowing population growth is evil; it's a kind of world that we don't want our grandchildren to live in.

Did I get it right?

I suppose you personally know some of these Leftists? You seem to have an inside track about what they're up to, so please give me contact information so I can talk them directly. I think it would be fascinating to chat with them about how they are accomplishing this unprecedented feat of global manipulation, and what their long term goals really are. I can neither join them nor fight them if they can't actually be located in space and time.
You do realize that the so-called science that you believe in is likely to change over time, right? The more we learn about a certain topic, the more likely it is that your beliefs will shift. The fact that ninety percent of scientists think something to be true does not necessarily mean that it is true. There are several instances of scientists, doctors, and biologists being entirely incorrect on a particular topic, particularly in situations where ninety percent of people agree with the viewpoint that is the most widely held.

In the field of medicine in the modern era, I would say that more than ninety percent of doctors prescribe a diet that is low in fat, particularly saturated fat. They also encourage consuming fruits and vegetables in addition to "nutritious" whole grain breads and other foods that are contributing to the overall obesity epidemic in the United States. Despite the fact that there are thousands of articles and research that support the reason why they encourage this bad style of eating on our fellow Americans, the number of people in our country who are obese continuously increases year after year. The previous food pyramid, as well as the new food pyramid that is currently being recommended by medical professionals, is and was the exact opposite of how we, as carnivorous homo sapiens, ought to be eating. If medical professionals and scientists were truly willing to look into the matter and make use of their common sense, they would come to the conclusion that we should consume meat and products derived from animals on a regular basis, while also consuming a little amount of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. However, as I have mentioned previously, they recommend the exact opposite, and all you need to do is go to a densely populated area and look at the fat people walking by to understand that the doctors, scientists, biologists, and nutritionists are completely full of shit and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when they recommend a diet that includes grain products and an excessive amount of fruits and vegetables.

This is the straightforward, uncomplicated reality that does not require the expertise of a scientist or a physician to communicate. Meat has been the primary source of nutrition for humans for at least hundreds of thousands of years. In order to avoid starvation, we followed herds of animals around at all times. Our bodies are designed to burn fat, particularly fat that is heavy in saturated fat, and they also ask for a significant quantity of protein. People should be encouraged to consume 150 grams of protein on a daily basis, along with the amount of saturated fat that their bodies tell them they require, in order to restore health to the United States of America. If there is a day when your body tells you that it needs more carbohydrates, then your daily carbohydrate intake should be fewer than 20 grams. Despite the fact that they encourage the use of seed oils like olive oil, medical professionals and scientists are opposed to the use of butter. However, they ought to advise consumers to replace olive oil with butter rather than the other way around. Everything that we have learnt about eating is completely contrary to what we ought to be doing, and this is really frustrating.

Your hypothesis that ninety percent of scientists are responsible for climate change is identical to my diet hypothesis. Due to the fact that you do not have any other options available to you, you are more than willing to trust what the scientists are telling you. When you think of scientists, you tend to assume that they are right because they are scientists. However, despite the fact that the issue regarding diet is a thousand times simpler to comprehend than the situation regarding climate, scientists and medical professionals are still unable to determine what constitutes an ideal diet for humans. Despite the fact that they are aware of the situation, the majority of them are too afraid to speak up since they do not want to be reprimanded by their fellow researchers. For you, that is the nature of humans.

As time goes on, you will notice that an increasing number of scientists will begin to not be afraid to speak out against the climate cult, and they will contradict the ridiculous "facts" that they have been promoting. The reason for this is because the climate cult will eventually reach a point where the cult mindset that exists within it will become intolerable.

The mere fact that someone is a scientist does not necessarily guarantee that they are knowledgeable about the subject matter. The fact that someone is a physician does not mean that they should be taken seriously when it comes to nutrition recommendations.

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:55 am

You completely sidestepped my question with another fun attempt to lead me down a rabbit hole. Please tell me more about how I can verify the existence and activities of these Leftist and their global conspiracies.

Also, you never gave me a straight answer about whether or not you believe these Leftists are harvesting adrenochrome from the brains of babies.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
RubinHighlander
Posts: 1906
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:20 am
Location: Behind the Zion Curtain

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:40 pm

But the earth is still banana shaped, right?

https://youtu.be/KrD16CBEJRs?si=S9P3h9XdsjRlfQ5s
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Hagoth » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:04 am

Dirty Bird, please excuse me for being a little dense, but I'm still struggling with the logic here. Maybe you can explain it in a way that I can understand.

Let's say the Leftists succeed in their devious plot to reduce population growth, so it stabilizes at the current 8-ish billion or maybe even drops to 6 or 7 billion over the next several generations. First of all, why do you think it is so important to them to reduce the population - what do they gain from it, especially since they will all be dead by the time it comes to fruition? Secondly, why do you find it so scary and sinister?

On the other hand, let's imagine the Leftists get outsmarted and the population continues to grow as you believe it should. What do you think would be a praiseworthy rate of growth? Should it be exponential? Geometric? Linear? And what is a respectable non-Leftist-manipulated population that we should be happy with in, say, 50 years from now? 20 billion people? 50 billion? But more importantly, why is it a good thing and a Conservative thing to have the population continue to increase unchecked in perpetuity?

I genuinely want to understand the logic of your argument but I am obviously missing something essential.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Cnsl1
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Cnsl1 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:51 am

Yee-haw what a wild discussion.

Scientists and doctors and nutritionists have been wrong? Well, of course. Science is an ever expanding body of knowledge and we can't be content where we are; we need to keep learning, so replicate the study that I did and see what you discover. Let's say we tell everyone exactly what we did and how we did it, and get a bunch of other folks who can look over our work with a fine tooth comb and make sure our methodology and statistics are sound before we go tell anyone else. And let's keep doing this and changing and expanding the studies and keep sharing what we learn and invite others to contest it and prove it wrong, cuz at the end of the day we just really want to know more about our world and ourselves, and ain't it great that we know so much more today than we did last year. Sure, there are hiccups and we sometimes go down roads that prove dead ends, but then we tell everyone about that too. It's not about proving a point, it's about finding what, why, how, when, and where the hell is going on. Science welcomes questions and welcomes a dissenting voice. Did we get it wrong? Show us exactly what you found.

I sure hope the preponderance of the data supporting climate change is wrong. But, based on what we understand right now it doesn't seem to be. There are other ideas, and they may be right, so let's keep studying the shit out of this so we can figure it out. Meanwhile, since the data so strongly supports climate change, let's figure out and study on the ways we might possibly be able to help things out. And by all means, let's keep a rational respectful discussion going. And scientists, keep researching. Except you guys over at BYU studying on what qualities of vanilla ice cream is favored among different age groups. That seems pretty important. I'm not making that up, but that was many years ago.. and spoiler alert, the teenagers favored the cheaper ice cream.

And in fairness, I'm sure that ice cream research was important to marketers. Plus it made for a fun and easy article review for at least one undergraduate psych student.

So now what about nutrition and all these fat Americans? Yeah, man, that seems like a pretty big problem and honestly it can get pretty tedious trying to get to the good data in that field. Everybody wants to sell a diet or a bottle of elixer to fix the fat problem.

I totally agree that you can learn a lot by listening to your body. What is my body telling me?

My body keeps saying it wants oral sex.

That seems healthy, but maybe we can get those BYU researchers working on that after they finish their ice cream.

Dirty Bird
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

Re: The Church of Climate Change in these Latter Days

Post by Dirty Bird » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:47 am

Hagoth
I genuinely want to understand the logic of your argument but I am obviously missing something essential.


Okay, I'm going to act as if you are truly interested in having a discussion about this topic. Consequently, let's take this situation at a leisurely pace and see if we can find a middle ground. In order to help you comprehend that just because science believes one thing about a particular issue at the moment, it does not mean that they are not completely correct in their results, I will offer my very simple argument by teaching basic science and also utilizing parallel arguments to help you see where I am coming from. Because this is a Mormon forum, I will also be utilizing Mormonism in future post to help you understand where I am coming from. The follow the leader effect that is prevalent in Mormonism can also be found in climate science. I'm going to refrain from using the word "cult" from this point on because I'm pretending to believe that you are being honest.

I'm going to begin by discussing the science behind the American diet and how, if someone were to genuinely try to do study in order to figure out what they should be eating in order to maintain their health, it would be nearly hard for them to do so. Just now, I was searching the internet for "what should people eat to stay healthy for the rest of their lives?" And in case you were wondering, the majority of the findings discuss the importance of consuming fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and seeds. They also state that the consumption of meat should be moderate, and that when meat is consumed, it should be lean meat, which means that the fat should be removed whenever it is possible to do so. Thousands of investigations conducted by scientists over a period of sixty years are the source of all of this information. Physicians and nutritionists each. In addition, every single piece of information is absolutely contrary to what a typical diet for a human being ought to sound like. Saturated fat is an essential part of our natural diet, but it has been demonized to the point Americans are scared of it. Scientists have made this so.

When you are seeking to determine what a human being ought to consume, you will not locate the following information. Over the course of hundreds of thousands of years, humans lived in a state of ketosis 95% of the time. This meant that our bodies moved into and out of starvation mode, which enabled our brains to function off on ketones rather than glucose. Ninety-five percent of individuals are completely unaware of what ketosis is. Because food is so readily available in today's world, it is actually quite challenging to live in such a way that one can survive in a natural state of ketosis. As a result, we never understand what it is.

If you look at any individual who is overweight in today's society, you will notice that they have become overweight as a result of a process known as lipogenesis, which involves the body converting sugar into fat and storing it. This procedure is exceedingly taxing on our internal organs and is the root cause of a wide variety of diseases and maladies. Because the majority of people in the United States consume sugar, we now have more than half of the population that is overweight or obese. Furthermore, there is so much information available about how one should lose weight that it is impossible to find out what one should do. The scientific community, including doctors and scientists, has completely messed up the science to the point where there is almost no way to go back to a natural normal diet. They have demonized fat when actually fat is what we should be running off of, not sugar. The obesity epidemic in the United States is largely attributable to the contributions of science and medical professionals. They have given the science too much attention, and as a result, they have devised diets that are nothing but a bunch of crap that are simply making the preexisting health problems in our society even worse.

When I compare diet to climate change, what is the point? Because you are claiming that there is a consensus among 99% of scientists about climate change. In addition, I am wondering, "So what, why does that even matter?" because the majority of the scientists and doctors working in the medical sector are in agreement regarding diet, but they are utterly wrong. You say me bringing this comparison up is a rabbit hole, but I say it proves scientists aren't always correct even when 90% agree. The evidence is walking around you in every direction. Go choose a place to sit for an hour and count the number of people that are fat. Go up to the people who are overweight and ask them what a ketone is. Because their bodies are being powered by glucose, 99% of them won't know what a ketone is. They're fat because they listened to the so called science.

In order to demonstrate to you that scientists, even when they are in agreement 99% of the time, are occasionally absolutely wrong, I have just utilized a diet, which is a subject that is a thousand times less complicated than climate change. I have provided you the proof. Is your weight excessive? When did your body last enter a state of ketosis? Do you have the ability to view your pecker when you glance down? In the event that this is not the case, then your physician has been providing you with inaccurate information, and your physician has been receiving inaccurate information from the scientists in whom he or she places a great deal of trust. If you want to see your pecker again without the aid of a mirror, try entering a state of ketosis for a few months. In the event that we continue this discussion for a longer period of time, I will demonstrate to you that scientists have the ability to make even the most fundamental truths more complicated.

Would you at least agree that scientists can be incorrect even when 90% agree?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests