Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:55 pm

Hagoth, I just saw this.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/06/business ... index.html

While we have not discussed Theranos here, maybe we should. Now we have WeWork. I am telling you with every sincere bone and DNA and whatever the hell - if you think that a 19 year old dropout was THE criminal at Theranos, you are a sucker. (you, generally speaking not specifically.) If you think that putting a presidential political foe on trial for a loan that was repaid is hunkydory, but that a few hundred people are not criminally liable for WeWork's fraud, then you may not be having a serious conversation. If you think that it is more important to prosecute Trump for a paid loan than to prosecute the underwriters, auditors, bankers, executives, BOARD MEMBERS, and investors in Theranos and WeWork, well, please don't act surprised by the reactions to the trial nor to the political opportunism.

The trial in NYC is politically motivated and it is not consistent with other processes. Process matters. This particular process is nothing more than a farce for the justice system and a free campaign for the populist candidate.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:19 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:08 pm
Serious question: Can a felon serving time in a penitentiary simultaneously serve time as US president? Right now it's kind of looking like Trump might be on track for that Bizarro Land collision of realities.
It would seem that if you lose the right to vote, you should lose the right to serve. Who knows?

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:40 am

hmb wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:19 am
Hagoth wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:08 pm
Serious question: Can a felon serving time in a penitentiary simultaneously serve time as US president? Right now it's kind of looking like Trump might be on track for that Bizarro Land collision of realities.
It would seem that if you lose the right to vote, you should lose the right to serve. Who knows?
Now do the right to vote in an election without mass mail-out ballots. And then do the right to not have your preferred candidate subject to kangaroo courts and political prosecutions.

You have a great point, I do not think that the Tiger King should be eligible to run for the Senate in Pennsylvania, though.... it might not be an unreasonable upgrade. Neither do I think that a person who exercised his right to spy on a campaign and interfere with an election should lose the right to have more ballots counted in his favor.

In any case, it is fairly obvious how we got here.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:50 am

Image

Yes? No?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 am

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:06 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 am
Trump master court calendar:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/trum ... d-to-know/
Remind me again where the penguins lie. I thought you thought that using the courts to prosecute political opponents was fascist fascist.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:20 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:06 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 am
Trump master court calendar:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/trum ... d-to-know/
Remind me again where the penguins lie. I thought you thought that using the courts to prosecute political opponents was fascist fascist.
The good thing about police is that they protect us from criminals. The good thing about the court system is that it enforces the laws. Having a criminal President is somewhat new, but even democracies require their Presidents to obey the law and the courts need to enforce that law.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:57 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:20 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:06 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 am
Trump master court calendar:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/trum ... d-to-know/
Remind me again where the penguins lie. I thought you thought that using the courts to prosecute political opponents was fascist fascist.
The good thing about police is that they protect us from criminals. The good thing about the court system is that it enforces the laws. Having a criminal President is somewhat new, but even democracies require their Presidents to obey the law and the courts need to enforce that law.
You got it buddy. And yes, having a criminal President is somewhat new. I am used to it though. The last three years have certainly been interesting for exactly what you described.

Weaponized police and weaponized courts are not the same as just regular police and regular courts. Weaponizing the judicial system will get a predictable reaction.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:30 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:57 am
Weaponizing the judicial system will get a predictable reaction.
Yeah, the DOJ under Barr during the Trump era as well as the DOJ under Mitchell during the Nixon administration had that quality. The legal system should only pursue true crime rather than engage in crime.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:41 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:30 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:57 am
Weaponizing the judicial system will get a predictable reaction.
Yeah, the DOJ under Barr during the Trump era as well as the DOJ under Mitchell during the Nixon administration had that quality. The legal system should only pursue true crime rather than engage in crime.
Oh boy. Mookshy, show me your awesome examples of how Barr weaponized the legal system.

Hint: “go google woogle and bing bing and duck duck go blow” is not evidence or an example.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:19 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:41 am
Hint: “go google woogle and bing bing and duck duck go blow” is not evidence or an example.
Doing baby talk with you is not productive. Look, I understand you want to challenge everything said about Trump. Trump is the Republican leader and you want to defend all his bad deeds that have come home to roost. When you challenge others just realize that what you say comes without any evidence.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:41 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:19 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:41 am
Hint: “go google woogle and bing bing and duck duck go blow” is not evidence or an example.
Doing baby talk with you is not productive. Look, I understand you want to challenge everything said about Trump. Trump is the Republican leader and you want to defend all his bad deeds that have come home to roost. When you challenge others just realize that what you say comes without any evidence.
Wrong. I am not defending Trump. I am challenging your assertion that Barr corrupted the DOJ. You have exclaimed my point which is that you have zero evidence for your conspiracy - again. Thanks, buddy.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:33 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:41 am
Wrong. I am not defending Trump. I am challenging your assertion that Barr corrupted the DOJ. You have exclaimed my point which is that you have zero evidence for your conspiracy - again. Thanks, buddy.
According to Barr, Trump put pressure on him to go after opponents. Can you think back to when Trump was pressuring the President of Ukraine to come up with political dirt on his opponent? It was on all the non-MAGA news.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:34 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:33 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:41 am
Wrong. I am not defending Trump. I am challenging your assertion that Barr corrupted the DOJ. You have exclaimed my point which is that you have zero evidence for your conspiracy - again. Thanks, buddy.
According to Barr, Trump put pressure on him to go after opponents. Can you think back to when Trump was pressuring the President of Ukraine to come up with political dirt on his opponent? It was on all the non-MAGA news.
So are you saying Barr was corrupt for not doing what Trump wanted? What specific media does not want to make America great?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:36 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:34 pm
So are you saying Barr was corrupt for not doing what Trump wanted?
Barr does deserve some credit for not bowing to Trump's wish to help him remain an unelected dictator in the White House.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:29 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:36 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:34 pm
So are you saying Barr was corrupt for not doing what Trump wanted?
Barr does deserve some credit for not bowing to Trump's wish to help him remain an unelected dictator in the White House.
He also deserves credit for not serving baked penguin at his family's Thanksgiving feast, not burying the heads and hands of hookers in his back yard or his front yard, and not putting Greta in prison for prophesying falsely. Seems like a fine and not corrupt dude. Don't you agree?

I did hear though that he does smoke Cuban and Dominican cigars occasionally.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:58 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:33 pm
It was on all the non-MAGA news.
Image

Hey mockshy, still looking for a clarification on which media agencies specifically do not want America to be great. When you find them, where do you think they fit on the above bell curve?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:05 am

Now this one is funny.
“I hope that there are options and alternatives that reflect the important challenges that we’re facing, and that reflect leadership to meet those challenges, but that choice can never be Donald Trump because a vote for Donald Trump may mean the last election that you ever get to vote in,” [Liz Cheney] told NBC’s Savannah Guthrie on “Today.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... -election/

This whopper definitely needs to be unpacked.

Clearly, this is just conspiracy porn. Over a hundred million votes have been cast for Trump, and we had subsequent elections. What she is doing is damaging the credibility of the present election, but she does not seem to give a damn about that.

Let me put it this way, for all y'all. I dare you to answer these three questions:
  • Is it legal to say, "Make your vote count by texting "Hillary" to 555-555-1234"?
  • Is it legal to say, "A vote for Donald Trump may mean the last election that you
ever get to vote in”?
  • If Dirty Bird votes for Trump next year, will that be the last election?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:43 am

Trump furious after Pentagon officials warned against using military for coup : Liz Cheney

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 28dcc&ei=8

It is a great thing that the military refused to be used by Trump in his attempt to end democracy and become a dictator, however, the voters will have a chance to end American democracy once again next November and begin a new Reich.

Many Utahns have served German-speaking missions, so between that and existing obedience to the Church, a new authoritarian regime will be a piece of cake.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:17 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:43 am
Trump furious after Pentagon officials warned against using military for coup : Liz Cheney

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 28dcc&ei=8

It is a great thing that the military refused to be used by Trump in his attempt to end democracy and become a dictator, however, the voters will have a chance to end American democracy once again next November and begin a new Reich.

Many Utahns have served German-speaking missions, so between that and existing obedience to the Church, a new authoritarian regime will be a piece of cake.
Wow..... wow. The bigoted projection and unfounded accusations are noted.

Seems that these jew-hating accusations are all a projection, moksha. Any chance you are going to put down your projections for just a minute and answer any or all of my questions?

ETA: A member of my family that speaks German politely asked me to politely tell you that your conspiracy theory is a personal problem, at best. Maybe you could express your opinions as your opinions without making shit up and disparaging people you don't know. Is that an option?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests