Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Thu May 30, 2024 1:58 pm

Trump found guilty in hush-money trial. 12 jurors have concluded weighing 34 felony counts of falsifying business records against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... al-verdict
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7177
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Thu May 30, 2024 3:31 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 1:58 pm
Trump found guilty in hush-money trial. 12 jurors have concluded weighing 34 felony counts of falsifying business records against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... al-verdict
I have no doubt it will work in his favor to bolster sympathy for his persecution complex.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
Spicy McHaggis
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Thu May 30, 2024 7:21 pm

What a blessed day. This is the rich blessing I have received for paying tithing all those years. Haha.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:15 pm

I'm wondering if Trump's deny everything strategy will hurt him at sentencing. Judges usually expect criminals to show some remorse when extending leniency.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7177
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:39 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:15 pm
I'm wondering if Trump's deny everything strategy will hurt him at sentencing. Judges usually expect criminals to show some remorse when extending leniency.
I would hope his overt and nonstop contempt for the court, and the legal system in general, will play a part in sentencing considerations. I would love to see him picking up trash for at least a year (with time out for sleep and meals, of course).
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:15 pm

Trump's probation interview revealed that as a convicted felon he still possessed a firearm.

Trump was not wheeled into the room on an upright gurney and wearing a Hannibal Lecter mask as safety would normally dictate.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:37 am

moksha wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 1:58 pm
Trump found guilty in hush-money trial. 12 jurors have concluded weighing 34 felony counts of falsifying business records against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... al-verdict
But this isn't a crime. Show me one other case in American history where this was a crime

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:40 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:15 pm
Trump's probation interview revealed that as a convicted felon he still possessed a firearm.

Trump was not wheeled into the room on an upright gurney and wearing a Hannibal Lecter mask as safety would normally dictate.
You hatred is actually pretty interesting to watch.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:44 am

So in spite of this being a Democratic Republic, Do you think Trump should be stopped at all costs?

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:48 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:37 am
moksha wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 1:58 pm
Trump found guilty in hush-money trial. 12 jurors have concluded weighing 34 felony counts of falsifying business records against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... al-verdict
But this isn't a crime. Show me one other case in American history where this was a crime
So you have been reactivated on the bot server and are programmed to defend the orange guy.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:14 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:48 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:37 am
moksha wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 1:58 pm
Trump found guilty in hush-money trial. 12 jurors have concluded weighing 34 felony counts of falsifying business records against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... al-verdict
But this isn't a crime. Show me one other case in American history where this was a crime
So you have been reactivated on the bot server and are programmed to defend the orange guy.
I'm hurt. It's me. Do you really rejoice the destruction of our democracy and Republic?

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:07 am

This new official-acts immunity now ‘lies about like a loaded weapon’ for any President that wishes to place his own interests, his own political survival, or his own financial gain, above the interests of the Nation.

Sotomayor continued:

The President of the United States is the most powerful person in the country, and possibly the world. When he uses his official powers in any way, under the majority’s reasoning, he now will be insulated from criminal prosecution. Orders the Navy’s Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... on-updates

The Trump Green Light Decision

Once reelected, Trump can pardon himself of any crimes and can begin imprisoning his foes.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 7177
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:19 pm

It is absolutely ridiculous, bordering on terrifying, that these are the only two choices we have in a country of hundreds of millions of people, at least half of which would probably be less dangerous options.

I look at in terms of who will do the least damage. Given that criterion, a Joe comatose Joe Biden on life support would be the better choice. Or maybe we can vote for Kennedy's brain worm without the host. Still a better choice.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:22 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:07 am
This new official-acts immunity now ‘lies about like a loaded weapon’ for any President that wishes to place his own interests, his own political survival, or his own financial gain, above the interests of the Nation.

Sotomayor continued:

The President of the United States is the most powerful person in the country, and possibly the world. When he uses his official powers in any way, under the majority’s reasoning, he now will be insulated from criminal prosecution. Orders the Navy’s Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... on-updates

The Trump Green Light Decision

Once reelected, Trump can pardon himself of any crimes and can begin imprisoning his foes.
The immunity that a president has doesn't change with Trump. It's always been there. The forefathers wanted the president to feel free to do what was necessary to protect the country. In some ways, electing president is a matter of trust. If you mess up and you can impeach him. Nixon was given immunity for the Watergate disaster. But he resigned. Bill Clinton was not granted immunity for the Clinton versus Jones issue.

But for the record, the charges that Trump has been convicted on are ridiculous. 34 counts of falsifying records. Not records that he wrote down himself, but that his accountant and lawyer recorded. It is not illegal to give hush money. It was the most ridiculous conviction in the world. And that the supreme Court would give him immunity over it is only righteous.

That anybody rejoiced in this conviction is immoral. It wasn't fair, it wasn't based on real authority, as a New York district judge cannot pass sentence on federal cases. And now they're saying that the lawyer appointed himself was not a valid case either.

I get that there is hatred. But you should check it.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:34 am

Trump recently highlighted a meme demanding that Liz Cheney face a military tribunal.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:28 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:34 am
Trump recently highlighted a meme demanding that Liz Cheney face a military tribunal.
Highlighted a meme?

I don't get it. I mean personally I believe the entire Cheney family probably belongs in jail. Of course, they deserve a trial. But from what I've heard, they've captured huge portions of Wyoming, Colorado and Utah for oil rights.

George Bush was one of the worst presidents ever.
Dick Cheney was a Republican vice president, but he was definitely part of the deep state. And the actions of Lizzy Cheney reflected that as well.

Typically not a vengeful person. But that is one of the reasons this country is in this mess. People like me are way too willing to let people live their lives. And some of those people are robbing you blind.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:33 am

Do you know what I hated about the Trump presidency?

It revealed how willing members of the government, such as the FBI, CIA, NSA, FDA, and the other three letter agencies were so willing to go against him. Do we really want a government that doesn't support the president?

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:44 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:33 am
Do you know what I hated about the Trump presidency?

It revealed how willing members of the government, such as the FBI, CIA, NSA, FDA, and the other three letter agencies were so willing to go against him. Do we really want a government that doesn't support the president?
Kremlin bots gotta pedal anti-US messages. That is how they are programmed.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:22 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:44 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:33 am
Do you know what I hated about the Trump presidency?

It revealed how willing members of the government, such as the FBI, CIA, NSA, FDA, and the other three letter agencies were so willing to go against him. Do we really want a government that doesn't support the president?
Kremlin bots gotta pedal anti-US messages. That is how they are programmed.
You don't even care that you don't have a point or evidence for your argument. You just throw names around as if that is somehow going to make your point. You're a hater and you have no shame for it. You don't only hate Trump, you hate the other Americans that support him. You have no belief in democracy or even the Republic as it tries to protect people's rights.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:06 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:22 am
You don't even care that you don't have a point or evidence for your argument. You just throw names around as if that is somehow going to make your point. You're a hater and you have no shame for it. You don't only hate Trump, you hate the other Americans that support him. You have no belief in democracy or even the Republic as it tries to protect people's rights.
I remember hearing a similar message some months back.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests