Keeping up with Biden

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

Re: Keeping up with Biden

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:06 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:56 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:09 pm
I joined the original forum in 2008.
About the same time as Mayan Elephant.
You can evade my points if you want, but I will think less of you. I would for once like to have a honest conversation about this so-called switch between the Democrat and Republican party.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:00 pm

Looks like Biden is out. OK by me, but do Democratic voters really want Kamala? Weirdness abounds.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:35 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:00 pm
Looks like Biden is out. OK by men, but do Democratic voters really want Kamala? Weirdness abounds.
Pete Buttigieg has the attributes of being the smartest, most honest, capable, and healthiest candidate, but he is also gay.

This would cause Utah to immediately secede from the Union (but that alone is not enough to garner sufficient votes for Buttigieg).
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:00 pm

Meet Kamala Harris’s holistic thought advisor Dahlia Rose Hibiscus, who is deeply committed to helping the Vice President translate words into idea voyages. Hibiscus preaches the practice of speaking without thinking and encourages Harris to describe her journeys, molding our Vice President into a meditative guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1RmWKA5Vaw
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:49 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:00 pm
Meet Kamala Harris’s holistic thought advisor Dahlia Rose Hibiscus, who is deeply committed to helping the Vice President translate words into idea voyages. Hibiscus preaches the practice of speaking without thinking and encourages Harris to describe her journeys, molding our Vice President into a meditative guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1RmWKA5Vaw
Although I'm not a big fan of woo, at least it's far more benign than Christian Nationalism.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:55 am

Republicans: "Joe is too feeble and mentally incompetent. The Democrats are crazy for running him. He should resign."

Biden succumbs to reason and resigns from the race.

Republicans: "That's cheating! The Democrats are pulling an evil switcheroo by doing exactly what we said they need to!"

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:04 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:49 am
... at least it's far more benign than Christian Nationalism.
Christian Nationalism (Fascism) is exactly what Trump will give us in his 2nd term.
-- Moksha