Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:30 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:03 pm
I guess that both Mormons and Evangelicals will support the Project 2025 plan to destroy America...
And then, once the "you will never have to vote again" promise is fulfilled, Evangelicals will loose their inquisition on Mormons and other heretics. "Aw, c'mon guys, I thought we were BFFs!"
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:38 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:13 am

In the election polling by each state, Utah is giving Trump the greatest lead (and the least for Harris). Perhaps that is because their values are similar (and Harris is not pure and delightsome).
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:20 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:13 am
In the election polling by each state, Utah is giving Trump the greatest lead (and the least for Harris). Perhaps that is because their values are similar (and Harris is not pure and delightsome).
Fascinating. Can you share a source?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:35 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:20 am
I remember that I had Googled presidential polling by state. I looked at the first one that came up. It might have been by CNN.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:38 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:35 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:20 am
I remember that I had Googled presidential polling by state. I looked at the first one that came up. It might have been by CNN.
Yup, here it is: https://www.270towin.com/2024-president ... ion-polls/
Jeepers.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:50 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:38 am
Yup, here it is: https://www.270towin.com/2024-president ... ion-polls/
Jeepers.
I think the red color indicates either a desire to switch to authoritarian fascism or allegiance to Satan (or perhaps both).

I suspect Utah will be writing Project 2025 into its State Constitution.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:05 pm

“I have words. And they’re very good words. The best words. They’re English words. Yes, we need words. You know we have to have them. If you don’t have words you don’t have a country. And the Venezuelan gangs are stealing our words. Everyone sees it. We have to stop it. I’ll tax foreign words so you won’t hear them anymore. You know we have to do it. Then we’ll have the best words again.”

—DJT
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:58 pm

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump threatened to prosecute his political enemies “to the fullest extent of the law” should he win the 2024 presidential election and signaled once again that he would not accept defeat come November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 70468ce07e
-- Moksha