Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:56 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:51 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:56 pm
Do you still use a Methodist coloring book about Trump, Moksha?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb

Post by hmb » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:17 am

moksha wrote:
Hahahaha. This is funny. I wonder if Trump is feeling like this on some level, or does he feel like it's the other way around? Narcism is thick with this one.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:17 am

hmb wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:17 am
moksha wrote:
Hahahaha. This is funny. I wonder if Trump is feeling like this on some level, or does he feel like it's the other way around? Narcism is thick with this one.
It appears, based on the clocks, that the fella on the left is getting played and that the fella on the right is just wasting the other dude's time. It also appears that the fella on the left does not understand the game well enough to set the board up correctly. The hell is that queen doing on the dark square?

Really though, it appears that this image of mixed metaphors misses the mark completely. I mean, really truly, the dude on the left can only capture the other fella's piece by jumping it diagonally, and, well, only the knight can jump pieces in an "L" shape which eliminates all diagonal options. There is no checkmate in this game. The metaphor is a train wreck but it does appear that the dude on the right can run out the clock and never lose. Maybe this image is not working out so well.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:49 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:17 am
The metaphor is a train wreck but it does appear that the dude on the right can run out the clock and never lose. Maybe this image is not working out so well.
Dude on the right is just going to flip the board over anyway and blame it on Antifa.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:26 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:49 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:17 am
The metaphor is a train wreck but it does appear that the dude on the right can run out the clock and never lose. Maybe this image is not working out so well.
Dude on the right is just going to flip the board over anyway and blame it on Antifa.
Exactly. You got it, Hagoth. That is exactly right. And, how is that any different than putting the queen on the wrong square, not having a piece that can jump diagonally and generally making a spectacle?

Are you trying to convince me that this mixed up mess of a metaphor is a work of genius?

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:40 am

Maybe this one is better.
F3Dk3OSWsAEpnTK.jpg
F3Dk3OSWsAEpnTK.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 36711 times

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:06 am

hmb wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:40 am
Maybe this one is better.F3Dk3OSWsAEpnTK.jpg
Ha. Clever. I still can't figure out what the hell the dude on the left is doing with the queen in the incorrect place and starting with that pawn. I hope the dude on the left can capture the cheeseburger. Will he eat it?

hmb, did you also laugh at this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyFmMMf-DY

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Ha. Clever. I still can't figure out what the hell the dude on the left is doing with the queen in the incorrect place and starting with that pawn. I hope the dude on the left can capture the cheeseburger. Will he eat it?

[/quote]

I did laugh at that clip. I am quite sarcastic, by nature, and am saddened that sarcasm has become taboo in so many places. There are memes I laugh at, regardless of the person being insulted. Something that annoys me is picking on people for falling, stumbling, and showing difficulty at age related problems. When Trump held bottled water with difficulty, or stumbled walking down a ramp. When Biden fell off a bike or trips over a sandbag. Those things, in my opinion, should be left alone. I suppose that's because I'm approaching that age where I can relate. LOL.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:26 pm

ME wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:02 pm

hmb wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:02 pm
I did laugh at that clip. I am quite sarcastic, by nature, and am saddened that sarcasm has become taboo in so many places. There are memes I laugh at, regardless of the person being insulted. Something that annoys me is picking on people for falling, stumbling, and showing difficulty at age related problems. When Trump held bottled water with difficulty, or stumbled walking down a ramp. When Biden fell off a bike or trips over a sandbag. Those things, in my opinion, should be left alone. I suppose that's because I'm approaching that age where I can relate. LOL.
I would rather laugh at the guy riding a bike to look hip and fit than laugh at the falling and failing guy who is just riding a bike to look hip and fit. But, ya know, sometimes the world lets us do both and I embrace that. So, let them eat big macs for our entertainment.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:28 am

The federal courts need to slap down Donald Trump big time for running attack ads against judges, special prosecutors, or District Attorneys in cases involving him. The justice system needs protection from Trump's crazed bully pulpit in order to do its job of serving the public.

I would want the same protection to be in place against Al Capone, especially if he was attacking Eliot Ness.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:27 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:28 am
The federal courts need to slap down Donald Trump big time for running attack ads against judges, special prosecutors, or District Attorneys in cases involving him. The justice system needs protection from Trump's crazed bully pulpit in order to do its job of serving the public.

I would want the same protection to be in place against Al Capone, especially if he was attacking Eliot Ness.
Who slaps the courts when they get to acting like Al Capone? And how do we protect ourselves from a rogue justice system?

Moksha, my seminary teacher was also my attorney and he was also a city attorney and he also got arrested for buying crack in Pioneer Park. The people and system are not as simple as you seem to need or believe them to be.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:01 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:27 am
Who slaps the courts when they get to acting like Al Capone? And how do we protect ourselves from a rogue justice system?
Wealthy criminals should not be running attack ads against the justice system on TV.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:58 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:01 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:27 am
Wealthy criminals should not be running attack ads against the justice system on TV.
Oh. Good idea. Did someone run an attack ad? What if a poor criminal runs an ad or a wealthy non-criminal runs an ad? Do you have any examples of these so-called ads?
Grist for this discussion comes from the group Take Back the Court, which has released a new memo suggesting that liberals and Democrats should frontally attack the court as a kind of cancer on democracy.
Do you know what wealthy individual is responsible for that? ^^^^^^^^^ If so, do you know how many more, or less, convictions that person has than any other wealthy criminal running so-called ads?

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:42 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:58 am
Do you have any examples of these so-called ads?
Yes, specifically the untrue Trump ads claiming the Fulton County Georgia DA had an affair with a gang leader. Trying to smear this prosecutor with a nasty bogus claim is despicable.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:16 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:42 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:58 am
Do you have any examples of these so-called ads?
Yes, specifically the untrue Trump ads claiming the Fulton County Georgia DA had an affair with a gang leader. Trying to smear this prosecutor with a nasty bogus claim is despicable.
This appeared in an ad? Do you have a sample of that ad? Wow. Also, what conviction makes Trump a wealthy criminal? Is it okay to smear a president with a nasty bogus claim? What about a Supreme Court Justice? What about a candidate for president? Are nasty bogus claims allowed in those cases but not in these cases? Is someone who did not vote for Trump despicable for making a nasty bogus claim about someone they do not know? Or, as I suspect, it is holy and sanctioned for someone who did not vote for Trump to make nasty bogus claims about someone, or many people, they do not know?

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:28 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:16 pm
This appeared in an ad. Do you have a sample of that ad?
You can read about it here. https://www.ajc.com/politics/derogatory ... JFHDA5SGM/
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:13 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:28 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:16 pm
This appeared in an ad. Do you have a sample of that ad?
You can read about it here. https://www.ajc.com/politics/derogatory ... JFHDA5SGM/
You have the sample. Did you not see the rest of my questions? Or, do you think they are metaphorical and that I believe, like you, that rules we like we like and rules we don't like we don't like. Teams we like we like and teams we don't like we don't like. And rules are optional depending what team we like. Right, Moksha? We are like that, right? You and me buddy.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:28 pm

Georgia prosecutors have messages showing Trump’s team is behind voting system breach.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/politics ... index.html
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:22 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:28 pm
Georgia prosecutors have messages showing Trump’s team is behind voting system breach.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/politics ... index.html
Oh my gosh. Did they try and verify the signatures?

Moksha, are you mad? Wonder why they werent given access. Did you ask CNN that?