Laying sod tomorrow . . .

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
HighMaintenance

Laying sod tomorrow . . .

Post by HighMaintenance » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 pm

. . . still better than 3 hours in church.

Also going to do a serious note-taking walk-through on a house we are going to offer on to justify the low-ball bid. Seller just might take it since it's been on the market since last August and has received no offers at all even though it's a 3300 sq ft house on a 3.6 acre property in a very desirable area.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Newme

Re: Laying sod tomorrow . . .

Post by Newme » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 am

HighMaintenance wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 pm
. . . still better than 3 hours in church.

Also going to do a serious note-taking walk-through on a house we are going to offer on to justify the low-ball bid. Seller just might take it since it's been on the market since last August and has received no offers at all even though it's a 3300 sq ft house on a 3.6 acre property in a very desirable area.
Seems like a buyer's market.
I hope you had fun laying sod. :)

HighMaintenance

Re: Laying sod tomorrow . . .

Post by HighMaintenance » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Just tons of fun with the sod. We under-ordered by 8 rolls. Thankfully, Home Depot had some!

We decided to pass on the house. Too many issues and there's no way they would have taken the offer. I highly suspect that there are structural issues. The market here is in transition right now. Homes are selling like crazy - out of the three houses that have sold in our neighborhood the last six months, two of them had offers within a week. The other one is waiting on a contingent. That's why it is so weird that the house we looked at has been on the market so long. Houses on 3+ acres sell almost immediately, even if it needs some remodeling.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot