Church Activity Poll

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.

What is your current level of activity in the church.

Active (attend almost every week)
41%
Semi Active (occasionally attend)
19%
Inactive (Almost never attend, but still a member)
29%
Left (Have had my name removed, or not a member)
12%

Total votes: 69

Leukarktos

Re: Church Activity Poll

Post by Leukarktos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Don't believe in the Church, haven't attended in 2-3 years and don't intend to, but name still on the rolls.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm

I attend at least 80% of the time. Spouseman is TBM. My ward is unaware of my shift, though they know I'm more liberal than they are. My oldest avoids church for social reasons -- the kids in his quorum are jerks. My littles attend.

I like my ward and they are sincere. I feel uplifted after at least one of the meetings each week. I make comments to be inclusive and point out problematic applications of doctrines frequently. I bear testimony of Christ frequently.

PalmSprings

Post by PalmSprings » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 pm

I've left the church indefinitely. Haven't bothered to take my name off the records because I didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction of trying to convince me otherwise. Although it may be fun to make up a story and get excommunicated for something I didn't do. Waste their time on a completely fabricated story.

Newme

Post by Newme » Sat May 13, 2017 6:19 am

Korihor wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:56 am
LostMormon wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 pm
have to admit, I did not expect "Active" to be leading the poll
I expected Active to be the leader in the poll, but I think it should be disclaimered Active*

*Physically active, not necessarily mentally"
This is what makes NOM unique from TBM and "anti" sights.
A lot of us are taking a middle way between extremes.

I go to church almost every Sunday (once in a while I go to Oasis).
Usually, I sit with DH & family for sacrament meeting & gospel principles (& visit with a few people), then leave for the last hour. I've tried but I can't stomach the worshipping of leaders hour - which the current RS pres/teachers are gung-ho about.

Mormon history doesn't bother me as much as obvious financial corruption and distorted teachings that promote various forms of mental illness.

ulmite

Post by ulmite » Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I have found that frustration with the church is positively correlated with needing extra hours of sleep on Sunday mornings.