Emergency Session Utah Legislature

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Emergency Session Utah Legislature

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:26 am

The news is alarming. Some Pennsylvania ice cream maker has just released a demon confection enjoyed by the sorcerycraft people at Hogwarts School of Wizardry. It is known as Butterbeer Ice Cream. Before the children of the State of Utah get hooked on the stuff and pulled away from obeying the Gospel™, the faithful authorities in the Correlation Committee will spring into action and make the necessary calls for the Utah Legislature to freeze this so-called "Butterbeer" ice cream in its tracks. If need be, the Legislature can declare BYU Creamery ice cream to be the official state ice cream - made from wholesome non-alcoholic cows milk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/but ... 9d29dd5d08
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Re: Emergency Session Utah Legislature

Post by Corsair » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:23 am

I'm detecting high levels of satire in your post, but that signal is being overwhelmed by noting that many LDS families will be skipping this confection simply because it has the word "beer" in it. It's the usual "avoiding the appearance of evil".

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am

For some strange reason, I am now craving a Root Beer float made with Butterbeer ice cream.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:23 am
I'm detecting high levels of satire in your post, but that signal is being overwhelmed by noting that many LDS families will be skipping this confection simply because it has the word "beer" in it. It's the usual "avoiding the appearance of evil".
WTF beat me to it, but Mainstream Mormons have no problem with root beer or birch beer.

Butterbeer Ice Cream sounds fabulous. 3 of my most favorite things - Butter, Beer and Ice Cream
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Sounds interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes open. It sounds, good, if a bit rich. I am still willing to try it, for science purposes. :D
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams