DD shot her first mule deer buck

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
slk

DD shot her first mule deer buck

Post by slk » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:22 pm

ON SUNDAY! Yeah, good things can happen on Sunday when you're not sitting in church. Hopefully this is a little lesson to her that no one is cursed for breaking the Sabbath. I was so proud of her. She had never even been to the gun range with that rifle but I think it was her archery skills that paid off!

Corsair

Re: DD shot her first mule deer buck

Post by Corsair » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Clearly you need to write this up for a very special article in the Ensign about how family unity should supersede any Sabbath Day restrictions. Let us know how the editors at the Ensign feel about this bold point of view. And congratulations on a successful hunt.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:24 pm

This is an exciting story. Congratulations to your DD.
I remember a lesson from YM, where my leader went hunting birds on Sunday and accidentally shot his dog. He was convinced it was from hunting on the Sabbath. Good to hear that myth is busted.
~2bizE

slk

Post by slk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Thanks for the congrats! Will pass it on to DD. I plan on taking her to WY next year and hopefully finding a little bigger one. Don't think we have too many hunters on this board but that's ok. I could easily be spending more time on a hunting or fishing board but I find this more fascinating. I think we all have enough in common and that's what draws us together.

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:28 am

Congrats to your daughter!
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot