NOM is Awesome!

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
achilles

NOM is Awesome!

Post by achilles » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:04 pm

I just want to point out that we've had hundreds of post in the first few days. NOM is definitely needed and appreciated.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

MoPag

Re: NOM is Awesome!

Post by MoPag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Life was lonely without my NOM family. Love all of you!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:43 pm

It's an amazing community of support to be sure. I can't help but smile when I see people from the old site find their way here but I'm also happy that new people can join again. I think about all those who couldn't join for months when they might have really needed someone to talk to.
(I like the blue haha...just saying)
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Post by CaptainSalty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:52 am

achilles wrote:I just want to point out that we've had hundreds of post in the first few days. NOM is definitely needed and appreciated.
My biggest fear was that we would get the board up and running with a dozen users and only a couple of posts that trickled in. Instead we have 171 total users and 1084 posts across 126 topics. We have averaged about 90 posts per day. Thanks to all the continue to contribute.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:46 pm

I was glad to find this new incarnation. I don't really participate any any other religion-themed discussion boards, and I stumbled upon this by chance in a search a few days ago. I'm sure that there are others, like me, who are only kept from the site because they know not where to find it.