Who Here Has Watched Colony?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mad Jax

Who Here Has Watched Colony?

Post by Mad Jax » Mon May 01, 2017 1:34 pm

I think it's still on Netflix and balances the "gritty realism" with the interesting family drama pretty well. It's less sci fi oriented than it is 'dystopian' but it puts all the characters in genuinely interesting and plausible dilemmas and I highly recommend it.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

moksha

Re: Who Here Has Watched Colony?

Post by moksha » Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I am a fan of science fiction, but I have not watched that show. I have watched two series in the last two years that I have enjoyed, Killjoys and The Expanse. I also like more fantasy oriented shows like The Game of Thrones and Dr. Who and Red Dwarf. The new season of Dr. Who is currently running on BBCAmerica. The latest Red Dwarf episodes had the same but older cast. I suspect that one of the show's characters, Arnold Rimmer, would make for a standardized LDS Authority.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Thu May 04, 2017 5:37 am

I see the appeal of Red Dwarf but it's not for me. I'm not a massive fan of comedy though.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 am

moksha wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 pm
I am a fan of science fiction, but I have not watched that show. I have watched two series in the last two years that I have enjoyed, Killjoys and The Expanse. I also like more fantasy oriented shows like The Game of Thrones and Dr. Who and Red Dwarf. The new season of Dr. Who is currently running on BBCAmerica. The latest Red Dwarf episodes had the same but older cast. I suspect that one of the show's characters, Arnold Rimmer, would make for a standardized LDS Authority.
The Expanse is great. I had not heard of Killjoys so I will have to look at that. It's apparently produced in Canada which should be amusing since that was my mission. I have not been impressed with Canadian television so far, but I'm willing to try it.