A dream filled with archetypes

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
oliver_denom

A dream filled with archetypes

Post by oliver_denom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:23 am

I had a dream last night where I set off on a journey to find God. It was vivid, but I only remember a few details.

I traveled over a desert of blue ice and white capped mountains. In a valley, I came into a walled city that had every appearance of paradise, but something was wrong, and I had to fight through the illusion. After a struggle, I found that the face of god who ruled the city was a mask. He was a trickster god whose purpose was to entrap people in paradise by making them believe they had reached their destination.

I left the city and continued on through the wilderness until I found God by himself or herself, because the face was both male and female together as was the voice, by himself alone. As I walked toward god, all I could see was his face, and then landscape changed. We were standing together on a street corner next to a sporting goods store, in a place completely normal and mundane. This was heaven.

I felt indignant, I looked in his eyes, and I asked "Why do you make this so hard and show me something that no one will believe?". He smiled at me and said, "It amuses me to watch people attempt to tell the truth of it." And in an instant, he returned me to home, but it was difficult to tell, because there was little difference except for his absence.
“You want to know something? We are still in the Dark Ages. The Dark Ages--they haven't ended yet.” - Vonnegut

L'enfer, c'est les autres - JP

MoPag

Re: A dream filled with archetypes

Post by MoPag » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Wow that is a great dream! I love the imagery of the blue ice desert. And I can relate to the walled paradise city (LDS church), the feeling something is wrong (cog dis) and the trickster god (priesthood/Q15).

The part where the God you found in the wilderness took you to a street corner and you said "This was heaven" reminded me of a South Park episode where the boys try to build a ladder to get to heaven. The moral of the show was that the only heaven we can be sure of is the heaven we create here on earth.

Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound