COMPLETE set of LIVING SCRIPTURES

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
crossmyheart

COMPLETE set of LIVING SCRIPTURES

Post by crossmyheart » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:37 am

Just found the box of DVDs. Many unopened. I had my faith crisis near the end of getting the 3 DVDs in the mail for $80/month. I really hate myself for buying the complete set. What a waste of money. Never let my kids color in the coloring books because I aspired to use them as coloring pages for my future primary callings. Instead, I boxed everything up and stopped making my kids watch them all day on Sundays.

You know, I resent spending the $ on these even more than I do all of the thousands of dollars of tithing. :evil:

Enoch Witty

Re: COMPLETE set of LIVING SCRIPTURES

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 am

With books and most church-produced DVDs, it's not worth the time of trying to sell on the secondary market. But the cost of these makes them perfect for eBay. Clear some space; make some cash. Hell, these might be rare enough that Decluttr would pay well. Check it out.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:44 pm

I suppose I feel fortunate that my spending on such spiritual accessories such as living scriptures was minimal. I always saw these morons in the mall peddling these videos and thought it looked dumb, even when I was a TBM.

Sorry for you financial loss and emotional disturbance. So ridiculous in hindsight. Learn and move on, it's all we can do.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:06 pm

You should sell them on ksl or eBay.
~2bizE

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 am

My in-laws are very strong believers and had a bunch. But their children are all married and raising grandchildren. So, In-laws were downsizing and went looking for a new home for their Living Scripture videos. They ended up giving all the Biblical videos to an Evangelical neighbor family down the road from them. The Living Scriptures set of New Testament videos are distinctly Christian and their Old Testament videos are would be acceptable even for Jews. There is no question that this was a good marketing decision to leave references to Joseph Smith, modern prophets, and LDS prophecies out of those videos.

The kids in the Evangelical family were thrilled to have the New and Old Testament videos since they deliberately don't have cable TV at their house. They were a very nice family and were gracious to have a big box of wholesome, professionally animated Bible stories. The videos contain very little nuance about literal belief and I foresee a risk of Christian belief shelves breaking in the future for their children.