Happy Pie and Beer Day

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Happy Pie and Beer Day

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Wishing you an early 24th Pie and Beer Day.

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Emower

Re: Happy Pie and Beer Day

Post by Emower » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 pm

I'll take the pie and leave the beer! As it turns out, beer just isnt that good. Pie on the other hand...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Beer is awesome! But it can be hard to break into. I've experienced this with wine, just can't seem to like anything but the sweet mascoto types. There's no rule that says you can't substitute the beer for a mormon mule (peach vodka with ginger ale).
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Emower wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 pm
I'll take the pie and leave the beer! As it turns out, beer just isnt that good. Pie on the other hand...
I'll disagree with ya on this one. It takes a little time to acclimate, but once you find your jam, a little mild barley drink can really hit the spot.

That being said, each one is $1+ so, it takes a few pesos to hit the spot. at the same time, you're probably spending $1+ per slice of pie, so it all washes out. People think that acohol can be so expensive, which it can be. But when you factor in the cost for soda at Fizz...... one night of a few beers = daily trips to fizz, circle K or Maverick.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Korihor wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 pm
I'll disagree with ya on this one. It takes a little time to acclimate, but once you find your jam, a little mild barley drink can really hit the spot.
One thing I love about there is there isn't just beer, as in there isn't one singular style and experience. When it comes to mild barely beverages it's a wide and wonderful world. I've had over 460 unique beers to date and I'm still finding new and wonderful beery experiences.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 am

After all that Pie 'N Beer celebration, we can be glad the Daze of '47 happens but once a year, but can the same be said after eating all those jalapenos at the BYU Stadium of Fire?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha